Lose Weight by Including Chia in Your Diet
Chia is one of the most valued plants with the greatest nutritional properties. There are many old civilizations that used them as a basic component in their diet, as it is a natural source of Omega 3, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and best of all, it helps you burn fat which makes it a great ally for losing weight. Do you want to find out more about how to lose weight by including chia in your diet?
There are may studies done on the subject. Recently, the British Journal of Nutrition published a report that showed its ability to help you lose weight. But, you have to control its consumption and never consume more than a tablespoon or 25 grams a day. We will look at it closely below.
Why is Chia Good for Weight Loss?
- Chia seeds have the amazing ability to accelerate metabolism and thus burn fat located in the waist and stomach. There is also its great amount of calcium, which helps you digest fats consumed during the day. Chia especially helps you get a flat stomach.
- Thanks to its Omega 3 content, chia is a great ally in fighting cellulitis and preventing premature aging. Chia is also anti-inflammatory.
- It helps you control your appetite. If you consume it regularly, it will act as a quencher, filling your stomach and preventing you from eating more than you should.
- Chia is also an excellent intestinal regulator. It has a high amount of fiber, which regulates a lazy intestine. But it is essential to drink 2 liters of water a day.
- According to study by the University of Ohio, chia seeds help fight anxiety. It is a very effective relaxer and is recommended by nutritionists.
Other Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia is the highest vegetable source of Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Rich in antioxidants, proteins, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- They don’t contain gluten.
- They don’t have any flavor or scent.
- Give you energy.
- Reduce cholesterol and regulate blood pressure.
- Promote digestion.
- Care for your heart.
- Improve muscle development and tissue regeneration.
- Regulate blood sugar levels.
- Chia seeds are low in sodium.
How to Lose Weight by Including Chia Seeds in Your Diet
- To lose weight by including chia in your diet, we recommend taking 25 grams of chia a day
- You should be consistent and eat it for at least a month in order to lose weight day to day. Before your two main meals, have a glass of water or juice. Since you should only take 25 grams a day, put half of the chia seeds in each glass, in other words, 12.5 grams.
- Due to the soluble fiber that chia seeds have and their ability to absorb liquids, you will see the disappear in the glass of water little by little and it will turn into a thicker liquid. Let sit for 30 minutes. The reaction that chia seeds will cause is due to the soluble fiber gel.
- Chia seeds can be consumed with vegetable milks, yogurts, fruits, sauces, soups, creams, vegetables, etc. You can even buy it in powdered form and make desserts with it to get its benefits.
- Remember to drink two liters of water a day. This is essential for chia to complete its job.
Where Can I Get Chia Seeds?
You can normally find chia seeds in the supermarket. But if that’s not the case, you can go to any herbal store in your town where they tend to sell them. Try to get good quality and fresh seeds. You will have to look at the packaging date for this.
As we already mentioned, you can find whole chia seeds as well as powdered, which are great for sprinkling on your salads or including them in your desserts. You have several options and all are healthy.