Lemon Shrimp Pasta Recipe for Dinner
Lemon shrimp pasta is a dish that, when made with the right choice of ingredients, is healthy, nutritious and very appetizing.
If you carefully select your ingredients, this lemon shrimp pasta dish is suitable for people who are lactose and gluten intolerant. The best part if both children and adults like it, so it’s a great way to include seafood in your family’s diet!
Lemon Shrimp Pasta: Nutritional Facts
The Health Benefits of Eating Whole-Grain Pasta
To make this dish even more wholesome you can replace regular pasta with whole wheat pasta, made from unrefined whole grains.
Whole-grain pasta contains the bran, germ, and endosperm from the grain and therefore has a higher content of dietary fiber and protein. Also, it contains more of several minerals including potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
These macronutrients slow absorbing, so their energy releases progressively and helps you feel full longer.
This kind of pasta has very little fat. It mainly contains plant sterols which are cholesterol-like substances that occur naturally in fruits, vegetables, nuts, and cereals. In fact, they help lower your LDL cholesterol level so they’re great for the health of your heart. Therefore, whole wheat pasta is suitable for consumption in diets adapted for the control of hypercholesterolemia. Also, its fiber favors the regulation of cholesterol and blood glucose.
Read more: The 7 Best Carbohydrates for Weight Loss
The Health Benefits of Shrimp
Shrimp is a crustacean that provides 80 kcal per 3.5 oz portion and has a high water and protein content.
This tiny animal has relatively high cholesterol levels, as one serving covers half of the recommended cholesterol levels in a healthy and balanced diet. However, if consumed moderately and in combination with certain foods, such as whole-grain pasta, then you can include without a problem in a heart-healthy diet.
Shrimp also contains a high percentage of essential minerals such as iodine, zinc, potassium, phosphorus, and potassium. It also has large amounts of vitamin B12: a single serving doubles the recommended daily intake of this nutrient.
Lemon Shrimp Pasta
Ingredients (4 people)
- 10 oz of pasta
- 1/2 pound of shrimp, washed and peeled
- 3 lemons
- 5 oz of cream cheese or quark
- Garlic powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To begin, place a pan over medium heat and add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the shrimp to it when it’s hot enough.
- Cook it for 7-10 minutes, then take it out of the pan and set it aside.
- Zest the lemons without reaching the white part and cut the leftovers into small pieces.
- Then, add the lemon pieces to the pan and stir to help them release the juice.
- In the meantime, boil a pot with enough water to cook the pasta and cook it for at least 7 minutes for an al dente consistency (right after the white of the pasta center disappears).
- After the lemons have expelled their juice, remove them from the pan and add the cream cheese or quark.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta cooking water for a smoother texture.
- Then, add the pasta to the pan (with the sauce and shrimp).
- Finally, season it to taste and add garlic powder, basil and the lemon zest. You’re now ready to serve it.
You can substitute cream cheese with a soy preparation that’s suitable for vegans or a type of cheese that’s low in lactose such as Muenster, Camembert, Brie, Cheddar, Provolone, Gouda, Blue, Parmesan, or Swiss. Also, you can choose the pasta that best suits your needs.