Learn to Make These 3 Appetizers for Your Parties
Appetizers are very important to make way for the main dish and are a good way to start the meal. Continue reading to learn how to make a few appetizers that you should consider trying.
Everyone has experienced a party with friends or a romantic dinner at home where you had absolutely no idea what to cook. To help you out, take a look at 3 appetizers for your meals and learn how to prepare them in no time.
An appetizer or starter is a plate that you serve before a big lunch or dinner. It’s not considered a snack because it contains more food, but it’s not a main dish either.
In some countries like the United States and Canada, it could be served as a main dish, depending on the food. However, in other countries, an appetizer is strictly considered salads, soups, or sausages.
Around the world, when having a party at home, the host tends his/her guests and serves them at least two types of dishes, the appetizer and the main meal. There are also some cases that dessert is served as well.
In this article, you can learn 3 quick and delicious appetizer recipes that you can make to impress your guests during any type of reunion. Hopefully, you will enjoy them.
3 Types of Appetizers for Parties
1. Eggplant Croquettes
Eggplants are used in all kinds of dishes, from salads, creams, soups, to croquettes. This food is perfect to make any kind of recipe since it’s composed of 92% water, and also contains potassium, vitamins A, B1, and C.
- 3 eggplants
- 8 mashed cloves of garlic
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of wheat or corn starts
- 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano (15 g)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (125 ml)
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup of cabbage (75 g)
- First, wash and cut the eggplants in small cubes.
- Then, heat up a frying pan with a little bit of oil and fry the onion, garlic and pepper.
- Next, add the eggplant and stir until the vegetables are soft. Then, lower the flame and let it cool down a little.
- Mash the vegetables once they are warm. You can use a big porter or an immersion blender.
- Then, add the rest of the ingredients and stir it well.
- Roll the croquettes with the dough you’ve made.
- Finally, fry the croquettes in a pan until they’re golden brown, then let them drain and they’re ready to go.
Read this article too: How and Why You Should Use Eggplant to Lose Weight
2. Mini Fruit Pies
Appetizers don’t necessarily need to be salty. They can also be made with pastries. With these mini pies, your guests will be surprised and impressed by your creativity.
- 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries (75 g)
- 1 cup of wheat flower (150 g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of condensed milk (397 g)
- 1 cup of butter (200 g)
- The zest of 2 lemons
- First, in a large bowl, pour in the butter, flour, and one egg. Mix it well and let it sit in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- After this time has passed, take the dough out of the freezer and roll it out with a rolling pin.
- Then, cut slices and put them in muffin tins and put them in the oven until they are golden brown. This takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Afterwards, pour the condensed milk in the blender along with the remaining eggs and strawberries, blend it all and put it on top of the pie crusts.
- Finally, put them in the oven for 20 more minutes at 350ºF/180ºC, remove them from their molds and serve them with some lemon zest. You can use more strawberries as a garnish.
Check out this article too: Delicious Apple Cream Pie Recipe
3. Chicken Salad
Of course, you can’t miss out on this exquisite salad as an appetizer for your meal. This recipe is made with chicken and other simple ingredients, and won’t be difficult at all to prepare.
- 1/2 chicken breast
- 2 cups of lettuce (60 g)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 hardboiled egg
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese (40 g)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper (8 g)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- First, season the chicken with a little bit of salt and garlic powder. Put it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350ºF/180ºC.
- Once this time has passed, remove the chicken from the oven and cut it into small cubes.
- Then, wash and cut the lettuce and cherry tomatoes, and put them in a bowl.
- Next, add the chicken and egg to the bowl and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Finally, pour the olive oil over the salad, some extra salt and pepper, and then mix again. Serve it and enjoy your time with your guests.