Learn How to Decorate Your Spaces with Plants
You can decorate your spaces with plants to bring them to life. A touch of natural green gives the feeling that everything is harmonious.
Plants not only purify the air, but also help to considerably reduce the static electricity of spaces loaded with electrical devices and devices of various kinds.
Plus, there are so many options to decorate with plants. For example, certain plants can make your room have a more deep jungle look. These are usually broad-leafed and have a dark green color that’s perfect to highlight the color palette of furniture, accessories, walls, and floors.
Now, when it’s time to decorate your spaces with plants, you must take into account the type of care that each species needs, where it will be placed, the colors, the textures and, of course, the sizes.
Generally, it is recommended to use few large plants in interior spaces. Thus, a couple of them can be included in a small environment, but too many should not be placed in a small space since it can become overloaded.
On the other hand, it’s recommended to use small plants to give height to the surfaces. To achieve a perfect combination, you must avoid the plant having the same height as a decorative vase or a lamp that’s located in the same place. If both elements have the same height, it will not be harmonious.
How to Decorate Your Spaces with Plants
Many people think that you can only have plants if you have a huge garden or a large room inside the house. However, this is a mistaken belief. Actually, you can include plants in all of your interior spaces.
Some of the easiest and most common ways to decorate your spaces with plants are the following:
- Shelves. Shelves are special for placing small plants in jars or decorated pots.
- Drawers. You put them on a free wall. They are great for medium plants.
- Hangers. When space is scarce, you place a plant on a hanger.
- Large pots. You can place them in a corner. If you want, you can put a large pot behind and one or two more low ones in front. This way, you can place plants of different sizes so they’re all visible and don’t clutter the space.
Considerations to decorate your spaces with plants
- Light. Some plants need more light than others. You must take into account this detail so that the plant you choose does not suffer and grows well. If it needs a lot of light, place it near a window.
- Ventilation. All plants need good ventilation, which is also important for a home. They will help you purify the air.
- Humidity. This is a fundamental point. After all, there are plants that need very little water and moisture like cacti, while others prefer to be in humid environments that can become a bath.
- Irrigation. Think thoroughly about the time you can spend, since you can water some once a week, but others need it more often.
How to decorate your spaces with different sized plants
Once you’ve defined the type of plant you’re going to choose and the place where you want to place it, focus on the decoration.
Not only should the plants look good, but they should get used to the place where they are assigned so they can always be healthy.
Since the dimensions of the plants vary greatly, we’ll divide them into three groups to better guide us.
These are very versatile. You can put them on shelves, on tables, on walls, in cupboards, and so on. There are many that you can choose. Among the most common are:
- Flowers, which bring color to the environment.
- Cacti, which are great to decorate and the care they need is minimal.
- Hydrophilic plants that live only in water. You can place stones to decorate the vase.
- Air plants. They do not need land and their care is great for beginners.
When it comes to medium-sized plants, you have a lot of variety.
You can choose plants with flowers. Apart from providing color and texture to your decor, these also provide a pleasant perfume.
Another very recommended option are the so-called “succulents”, which are very easy to care for. They should be watered twice a week, at the most.
Large plants should be placed in large pots, so that their roots can develop properly. These types of plants are perfect to fill an empty corner or any unused space.It might interest you...