Learn How to Prepare Delicious Tiramisu with this Homemade Recipe
Coffee is the star ingredient of many desserts such as pies, cakes, mousses, creams, and countless other creations. In this article, you’ll discover everything you need to know to prepare delicious traditional tiramisu dessert two ways.
Keep reading to learn these great recipes!
What is Tiramisu?
Tiramisu is a cold layered dessert that’s usually prepared with coffee and liqueur. Some variations of this recipe include chocolate or fruit. Actually, some tiramisu recipes also include elements such as cookies or ladyfingers soaked in espresso coffee.
This dessert originated in the 50’s in Venice, Italy. Its name comes from the Italian word “tira mi su,” which can be loosely translated as “lift me up” (that’s where the coffee and sugar comes in, of course!).
Without further ado, enjoy these two amazing tiramisu recipes.
Although this dessert traditionally wasn’t made with liqueur, you should try adding some. This will make it taste better when combined with coffee.
In addition, you should also add some Mascarpone cheese, which is a traditional ingredient of tiramisu nowadays. You can also add any other ingredient of your choice.
This article may interest you: 5 Coffee Recipes You Didn’t Know About
- 4 cups of Mascarpone cheese (480 g)
- 3 cups of ladyfingers (360 g)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of powdered sugar (240 g)
- ½ cup of amaretto liqueur (125 ml)
- 1 cup of cocoa powder (120 g)
- ½ teaspoon of salt (8 g)
- 2 cups of extra-strong coffee (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (15 ml)
- Plastic wrap
1. Preparation of the Cream:
- The first thing you have to do is boil some water.
- At the same time, separate the yolks from the egg whites and place them in a bowl. Set them aside.
- Then, take the yolks and place them in a metal bowl with some sugar and vanilla extract. Beat them until they foam.
- Later, place the bowl over the pot of water almost to a boiling point and continue beating.
- Add the liqueur gradually so it integrates into the mixture.
- Finally, remove from heat and whisk a little more before setting aside.
- Cover with some plastic wrap.
2. Preparation of the Tiramisu:
- To begin, mix the cheese with the cream you just prepared until you get a fluffy mixture.
- Then, beat the egg whites to soft peaks and add the salt and some sugar while you’re beating.
- Now, mix the cream and the egg whites. You can use a spatula for this purpose.
- Then, boil some water to brew the coffee. Once it’s done, let it cool slightly
- Soak the ladyfingers in it.
- Then, take a dish and place several layers of ladyfingers, coffee, and cream until you run out of ingredients.
- Finally, sprinkle some cocoa over your tiramisu and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Then, serve and enjoy with your family and friends!
We know that many people can’t eat desserts with a lot of calories. For this reason, we’ve decided to share a lighter variation of this tiramisu recipe so you can enjoy it with no regrets.
- 3 cups of coffee ladyfingers (360 g)
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- 2 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 heaped tablespoons of milk (45 ml)
- ½ cup of stevia (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon of yeast (15 g)
- 2 cups of light cream cheese (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (15 g)
- ½ cup of fluid milk (125 ml)
- Cocoa powder to garnish
- To begin, beat the egg yolks with the tablespoons of milk, cornstarch, and sweetener. Put the mixture in the microwave for three minutes until it comes together.
- Then, pour the mixture into a metal bowl and place it in a water bath until it thickens.
- After that, mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl (except the ladyfingers) and put the mixture in the microwave for approximately three minutes.
- Take a dish and make several layers of ladyfingers and cream until you run out of ingredients.
- Finally, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Then, serve your tiramisu dessert and enjoy!