Learn How to Make Four Natural Air Fresheners for Your Kitchen
Natural air fresheners for your kitchen help to neutralize strong odors some foods leave behind. In this article, we'll show you how to make four interesting options.
Unpleasant odors tend to accumulate in the kitchen. Cooking cabbage, vegetables, fish, and other foods often creates smells that don’t go away, not even after turning on the exhaust hood. In this article, discover how to make four natural air fresheners for your kitchen.
Natural Air Fresheners
Natural air fresheners have become one of the preferred options for neutralizing unwanted household odors. While conventional versions are usually more powerful and durable, many of their components are irritants and trigger allergies.
Fortunately, there are many natural ingredients whose scents can eliminate odors without causing adverse effects. They’re also environmentally friendly because they’re completely free of harmful chemicals.
Try them out!
Natural Air Fresheners for Your Kitchen
Natural air fresheners are organic products that fight unwanted odors that arise in the kitchen. They’re made with ingredients such as herbs, spices, and citrus peels, whose compounds perfume the environment without causing allergies.
Also, their components help to repel insects that are attached to the kitchen, such as flies and cockroaches. Although they’re not solutions to eradicate them, their smells can help keep them away.
Let’s take a look at four different recipes for natural air fresheners and get to work!
You should also read: Four Ways to Disinfect Kitchen Towels
1. Citrus Air Freshener
Citrus fruits are the perfect solutions to eliminate unpleasant odors.
One of the best natural air fresheners is made from citrus peels. It’s not only one of the cheapest options, but also one of the most effective. The pungent smell of citrus fruits neutralizes strong odors such as the ones fish and fried foods leave behind.
- Citrus fruits peels (orange, lemon, tangerine)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 apple (optional)
- 3 cloves (optional)
What to do
- To begin, cut the citrus fruit peels into several pieces.
- Then, put them in a pot with water and let them boil.
- When the water boils, lower the heat and let them cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sure to leave the pot uncovered so the steam dispels the scent all over the place. If the water evaporates or boils away, add some more to prolong the cooking process.
- If you want, add an unpeeled apple and cloves to the mix.
- Finally, turn off the heat and leave the mixture uncovered so that the steam continues eliminating unpleasant odors.
- Store the mixture in the refrigerator and heat it up the next time you need to neutralize odors in your kitchen.
2. Herbal Air Fresheners for Your Kitchen
A mixture of herbs such as rosemary will help keep the insects away and keep your kitchen smelling lovely.
Aromatic herbs are perfect options for eliminating unpleasant odors. We recommend using them as a basic ingredient for natural air fresheners for your kitchen. As a result, you’ll get pleasant aromas to keep your kitchen smelling great.
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 thyme sprig
- 3 cups of water (750 ml)
What to Do
- For starters, chop the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- Then, boil the cups of water and add the herbs.
- When the water reaches its boiling point, lower the heat and let cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make sure to leave the pot uncovered so the steam neutralizes unpleasant odors.
- After this time, transfer the mixture to a spray bottle.
- This way, you can spray the air freshener whenever you need to eliminate bad odors.
Make sure you read: Home Remedies for an Odorless Kitchen and Bathroom
3. Coffee Air Freshener
Coffee beans leave a very distinctive and pleasant smell in your kitchen.
Most people love the delicious aroma of coffee. The best part is that you can use it as a natural air freshener without subjecting the beans to any procedure.
Want to use it to neutralize bad odors in your kitchen?
Just follow our instructions:
- Coffee beans (the desired amount)
What to Do
- First, spread the coffee beans on a frying pan.
- Then, roast them over low heat for three to five minutes. You’ll instantly notice the lovely smell.
- Optionally, you can leave the coffee beans in a bowl or dish and place it in a corner of your kitchen. This way, you’ll prolong the duration of their aroma.
4. Vinegar and Cloves Natural Air Freshener
This vinegar and cloves mixture will help disinfect your kitchen and leave it smelling good at the same time.
White vinegar is one of the best kitchen cleaning products. It doesn’t only eliminate unwanted odors, but also disinfects and helps remove grease.
Here, we propose combining it with cloves to make a natural air freshener.
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup of water (125 ml)
- 6 cloves
- First, dilute the white vinegar in a cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Then, add the cloves and let stand.
- Let the steam dispel to eliminate bad odors.
- When it cools, store it in a spray bottle.
- You can use it as a solution to clean your counter tops, stove, and refrigerator.
Have you ever tried these natural air fresheners for your kitchen? Choose the one you like best and say goodbye to unpleasant odors. Of course, also make sure to keep your entire kitchen clean for the best results.