Learn How to Make Five Green Cleaners for Your Home
With antibacterial ingredients you probably have at home, you can make some effective green cleaners. Discover five formulas here!
Green cleaners have become more popular nowadays. While their formulas were forgotten for a long time due to the boom of chemicals, they’re now back in style since they’re environmentally friendly alternatives to many commercial products.
If you’ve never given them an opportunity before, now it’s time to start trying them out. Below, we’ll share five formulas for green cleaners. Make sure to make them yourself and use them at home!
Five formulas to make green cleaners
You won’t need expensive ingredients to make green cleaners. In fact, you probably have many of them already in your pantry. They contain disinfectant and antimicrobial components, which are ideal to remove dirt and bacteria from many surfaces. Also, many consider them suitable for health reasons because some studies suggest that the chemical components of commercial options can lead to respiratory and skin allergies.
Try them out today!
1. Fruit peel and white vinegar green cleaners
Thanks to the combination of ingredients in this green cleaner, you’ll be able to remove stuck dirt from various surfaces in your home. Also, due to its light citrus scent, you’ll be able to neutralize unpleasant odors.
- The peels of two lemons, oranges, or grapefruits
- 1 cup of white distilled vinegar (200 ml)
- First, cut the peels into small squares.
- Then, put them inside a glass jar along with the white vinegar.
- Let the solution marinate for a week.
- After, strain the liquid and store it in a spray bottle.
- Spray on the areas you want to clean.
2. Lemon and baking soda cleaner
Both lemon and baking soda are basic ingredients in the development of green cleaners. Also, both have properties that help loosen dirt, grease residue, and bacteria. Also, they polish stainless steel.
- ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda (20 g)
- Make a mix with the lemon juice and baking soda.
- After you get a thick paste, rub on the desired surface with a sponge or brush.
- Finally, rinse with warm water.
3. Green cleaners for glass surfaces
We can’t deny that commercial glass cleaners are very effective. However, you can replace their formulas with simple green cleansers made with natural ingredients. In this case, the protagonist is vinegar.
- ½ a cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- ½ a cup of water (125 ml)
- 5 drops of lemon juice
- First, mix the vinegar with water.
- Then, add the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and proceed to apply.
- After spraying the glass surface, rub with newspaper to complete the cleaning.
4. Salt and cinnamon cleaner
Although excessive salt intake is harmful to health, this ingredient may have other home applications. For example, combined with cinnamon, it’s a good choice to clean up oil and food spills in the oven.
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (15 g)
- Pour the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Then, spray the preparation on the spots you want to clean.
- Let it act for a few minutes and rub it with a brush.
- Finally, clean the residue with a damp cloth.
You’d like to read: Great Ways to Disinfect Your Bedroom Naturally
5. Tea tree oil green cleaners
This oil is a powerful disinfectant that can replace cleaning products for floors, tiles, or kitchens, among other surfaces. Its properties help remove microorganisms and unpleasant odors. In fact, it minimizes the effects of mold in damp areas, such as bathrooms.
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Dilute tea tree essential oil in water.
- Then, pour the cleaner into a spray bottle.
- Shake well before using and spray the mixture on the desired surfaces.
Green cleaners aren’t as powerful as commercial chemicals. Despite this, it’s worth using them at home because they’re gentle, don’t cause allergies, and are environmentally friendly. To top it off, they’re quite inexpensive and easy to make. So, if you haven’t tried them out before, you should try the formulas we mentioned here and see the benefits for yourself!