Learn How to Make a Delicious Strawberry Watermelon Slushie
Some summer days are so hot that no amount of water can quench your thirst. Then, you may need some other delicious cold drinks that cool you off and also tastes good. Discover how to make an amazing strawberry watermelon slushie that’ll do the trick in this article!
How to Make a Delicious Strawberry Watermelon Slushie
Slushies are both refreshing and nutritious for hot seasons.
They quench your thirst either gradually or immediately (depending on the type you drink) On the other hand, they’re also the perfect ways to get nutrients, and even more so if they’re made with natural fruits.
To make this slushie, all you need to do is follow a few simple steps to get the most of both fruits. You can also drink it with any of your meals or to curb nighttime sugar cravings.
On the other hand, the unique properties of this strawberry watermelon slushie are directly related to the two fruits it contains. As you know, watermelon is one of the best natural cleansing fruits that you have at your disposal. In addition, strawberries are an antioxidant fruit packed with vitamins and minerals.
This article may interest you: Healthy Desserts: Three Regret-free Desserts
- 5 cups of watermelon (560 g)
- 2 cups of strawberry ice cream (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (30 g)
- 1 pinch of salt (5 g)
- 7 mint leaves (to garnish) (20 g)
- 1 cup of ice (120 g)
- First of all, wash and drain the watermelon.
- Then, peel it, remove all the seeds, cut it into pieces, and crush it. To do so, it’s best to use a food processor or electric mixer.
- Once you’ve crushed the watermelon pieces, pour it into a pitcher. Set aside.
- Then, place the ice in the same mixer or food processor.
- Before crushing it, add the olive oil, a pinch of salt, and two tablespoons of sugar.
- Then, add the strawberry ice cream and crush the mixture. This way, your slushie will be thick.
- Finally, serve the crushed watermelon in a glass and then pour the ice and strawberry slushie on top.
- To give it a touch of freshness, garnish each glass you serve with mint leaves.
Nutritional Values of Strawberries and Watermelon Slushie
As you know, all fruits are beneficial in one way or another. Discover the nutritional values of both strawberries and watermelon below.
You should read: Detox Your Body with Strawberry and Lemon Water
Strawberries are rich in important antioxidants. Plus, they help keep your heart healthy.
They’re made up of water (91%) carbohydrates (8%), and natural fiber (2%). One cup of strawberries contains up to 3 grams of dietary fiber, which is cleansing.
It’s good to consume at least two strawberries a day.
Watermelon is one of the best purifying fruits, along with pineapple and oranges.
It’s made up of water (94.6%), carbohydrates (4.5%), fiber (0.5%), and protein (0.4%).
In addition, this fruit is also an excellent antioxidant, mainly due to the citrulline, lycopene, and beta-carotene it contains.It might interest you...