Learn How to Make a Delicious Ginger Cake
In addition to having significant health benefits, ginger is also a culinary element that can give your dishes a unique touch. In this article, learn how to make a delicious ginger cake!
Nothing beats a good homemade dessert to accompany your afternoon coffee. In this article, discover how to make a delicious ginger cake. Don’t miss out on our tasty recipes!
Just reading the name may make your mouth water. Imagine enjoying this delicious dessert with your friends and family. Yum!
Also, since ginger will give the cake a unique and different taste, you’ll certainly amaze everyone with it. Below, discover two amazing ginger cake recipes.
We recommend that you read: Five Minute Homemade Orange Cake
Ginger, lemon, and honey cake
Ginger will give this delicious dessert a distinctive flavor. Also, it goes perfectly well with citrus flavors such as lemon.
Ingredients in ginger cake
- 175 g of butter
- 75 g of honey
- Lemon zest
- 175 g of flour
- 3.75 ml of ginger
- 2 eggs
For the icing:
- A tablespoon of honey
- The juice of one lemon
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Then, melt the butter in a double boiler.
- When it’s almost melted, add the honey and lemon zest and mix everything well.
- After that, let it cool and then add the remaining ingredients (flour, ginger, and eggs).
- Butter a baking tray and pour the mixture inside it.
- Then, bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, you can make the topping. To do this, first put the honey and lemon juice in a pot over medium heat. When both ingredients have warmed up a bit and melted with each other, the topping is ready.
- When you take the cake out of the oven, just prick it with a fork to make some holes and pour the topping on top so that it drenches the whole cake.
- The cake should absorb all the topping liquid.
- Let it cool, and enjoy it!
Easy, right? Also, you can decorate the cake any way you want. (For example, you can add candied ginger on top).
This article may interest you: 6 Ginger Remedies for Your Skin Health
If you love cheesecake, you’ll go crazy over this ginger variety!
If you fancy something different and you love cheesecake, this is your recipe: ginger cheesecake that your entire family will love. It’s also easy to prepare.
- Gingerbread cookies (approximately 20)
- 75 g of butter
- 200 g of cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of liquid cream
- 2 eggs
- 50 g of sugar
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- Strawberry jam
Ginger cake preparation
- First, make the crust with the gingerbread cookies. To do this, grind the cookies until you powder them entirely.
- Melt the butter. Then, add the butter to the crushed cookies and mix well.
- After, cover a baking tray with the crust mixture you just made. Pack in the crust as much as you can and make sure it’s flat and uniform.
- Then, add the eggs, sugar, liquid cream, and cream cheese to a bowl and mix well.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, grate the small piece of ginger and stir it into the mixture.
- Now, pour this mixture over the crust. Bake in a preheated oven at 320°F for approximately 30 minutes.
- Make sure to not over-bake the cake so it doesn’t dry up. Thus, make sure to look at the cheesecake every few minutes while it’s in the oven.
- Finally, take it out of the oven and wait for it to cool. Then, unmold your cheesecake and add a layer of strawberry jam on top.
Your dinner guests will go crazy over this yummy and original dessert!