Learn How to Help Relieve Atopic Dermatitis Symptoms
All skin problems must be taken care of by carefully following all the recommendations that are given, since the environment is very contaminated and it can hinder your relief
Atopic dermatitis is very common, and the number of people with this type of condition increases every year. This disease begins at a very early age, which means that the condition affects babies and children and, to a lesser extent, adults.
In children it usually shows up on the face and in areas of flexion such as the elbows, knees, the inside of the wrist or on the scalp, as well as on the legs and buttocks.
It is said to be a hereditary condition, which means that if one of your parents has suffered it, you are more likely to develop it yourself.
In this article, we will tell you a little more about atopic dermatitis and we will show you some natural remedies that can help relieve your symptoms.
Atopic dermatitis symptoms
The symptoms of atopic dermatitis are very noticeable and are easy to recognize, so identifying them isn’t hard. They are:
- Dry Skin
- Rough or scaly appearance
- Blisters that ooze
It is very important to avoid scratching them so you don’t break the skin and to prevent the risk of infection. This area of the skin is very dry and doesn’t have a lot of fat, so it flakes and gets irritated very easily.
Atopic dermatitis differs from seborrheic dermatitis and contact dermatitis because of the itching. Seborrheic only occurs in the scalp, sometimes on the chin and chest, and contact is caused by allergens.
As we said earlier, it is mainly caused by genetic issues.
It is believed to be caused by a lack of proteins and a decrease in the concentration of essential fatty acids in the skin, which increases its sensitivity. But it is still unknown why it happens exactly.
However, there are certain environmental, allergenic and food factors, and even some clothes, which worsen the disease and aggravate it.
- Choose alcohol and paraben-free perfumes and creams. Use hypoallergenic makeup.
- Avoid prolonged baths or showers, as well as too hot water, as it may worse the condition. Shower only once a day with warm water and dry gently, without scrubbing with the towel.
- Eliminate stress. Frequent anger, frustrating situations, nervousness, stress or embarrassment are factors that can cause outbreaks. Try some relaxation techniques to control these emotions.
- Moisturize your face and body daily. Also, applying cold moisturizer can help relieve the itching (keep it in the fridge).
- Use 100% cotton garments. Wool and synthetic fibers can cause skin problems.
- Use soaps with neutral pH . These help sensitive skin.
- Wash new clothes to get rid of any residue from the products used by their manufacture.
- Cut children’s and babies nails to avoid scratching.
- Keep rooms at a normal temperature, meaning, avoid extreme temperatures, both in winter and summer and try to be in cooler environments.
Natural remedies for atopic dermatitis
It is the most effective herb for soothing itching because it moisturizes your skin, repairs it, and helps reduce inflammation.
- 3 chamomile flowers
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Put a pot of water on the stove.
- When it starts to boil, add the flowers and leave over the flame for two more minutes.
- Remove, strain and let it sit.
- Dampen a clean towel with the preparation and apply it on the affected area.
As always, aloe vera has to be on the list of home remedies for our skin. Because of its properties, it refreshes and moisturizes the skin, helps reduce inflammation and relieves burning and itching.
What should we do?
- Take the crystal from an aloe vera leaf, and process it in the blender until it becomes a gel.
- Apply it to the affected area and, in minutes, you will notice a difference.
- We recommended repeating this procedure 3 times a day, avoiding rinsing so that the effect lasts longer.
Cucumber face mask
Cucumbers are the quintessential natural ingredient for reducing skin inflammation. Their anti-inflammatory and diuretic compounds help with the elimination of liquids to restore your skin’s normal state.
What do we need?
- ½ cucumber
What should we do?
- Liquefy the half cucumber until it is juice, and put it in the refrigerator a couple of hours.
- Then spread it over the affected are while it is still cold.
- Let it work for 20 minutes and rinse.
Don’t forget that these types of conditions need dermatological care. These natural remedies will be a complement to soothe and reduce the symptoms of this condition.