Learn How to Fold Your Shirts in Record Time
To fold your clothes in record time and to insure that they're ready for their next use, it's important to iron them before. Otherwise, the result may not be as expected.
Shirts are a great piece of clothing that are suitable for a variety of occasions, which is why we often like to have a wide variety of them. However, like everything in life, they have a bad side: it’s difficult to fold shirts. To help you deal with this, today we will teach you how to fold your shifts in record time.
The only negative part of having a lot of shirts is that folding them can take up a lot of time. There are some people who were born with a “gift” and learn how to fold in seconds and put them in the closet ready to be worn. If you’re not one from that select group, however, we recommend you continue reading.
Today, we’ll introduce you to three simple yet effective techniques to fold your shirts without working yourself to death.
Fold Shirts in Record Time
With these simple tricks y procedures, you won’t need to be clothing prodigy to keep your shirts folded well. You’ll see that when you take them out of the closet, they’ll be ready to use just as you left them.
The first technique is especially useful for short sleeved shirts.
- Hold the shirt at the midpoint between the shoulder and the neck with one hand. Using the other hand, go in a straight line towards the middle of the shirt and hold there.
- Next, take the hand that’s holding the top part of the shirt – without releasing either hand – and bring it to the bottom of the shirt. Again, the movement should be in a straight line.
- The comes the most difficult step: make a cross with your hands. First, with the hand that you just moved, hold both the point of the upper edge that you grabbed first and the lower edge that you last grabbed together.
- Once you have them, cross again over the other hand and smooth it out. While you’re doing the last movement, extend the hand that was in the center of the shirt the whole time.
- After that, you have one more fold and there you have it, a folded shirt!
Take a look at this article: 10 Tips for Arranging and Organizing Clothes in Your Wardrobe
- To begin, place the shirt face down on a flat surface.
- Then, fold one of the sleeves starting near the neck and fold it over to the point that it almost covers the other sleeve. One third of the shirt should be folded in a straight line.
- Next, make a straight line between the point on the shoulder where the fold begins and the armpit of the folded sleeve.
- From this division, take the cuff of the sleeve towards the lower edge of the shirt. Then, repeat this step with the other sleeve.
- The last two steps consist of making a small fold at the lower end of the shirt.
- Finish by folding it in half again.
Read this article: 17 Tips to Organize Your Closet and Save Space
For vacations, fitting all of your shirts in your suitcase can be a major problem. Relax, not only are we giving you ideas for folding your shirts in record time, we’re also going to show you how to get them ready for packing.
The third method that we’ll describe is very similar to the previous one.
- The first step is the fold the shift in half. To do this, grab it from the bottom edge and cross the sleeve to the other side.
- After this, bring the sleeve to the bottom, as mentioned in method 2.
- Repeat the prior step with the other sleeve as well. After the two prior steps have been completed, the shirt should look like a long narrow rectangle.
- From this point, using the width of the sleeve as a measurement for each crease, fold it starting from the bottom.
- When finished, the shirt should be half-rolled. Without a doubt, this is a method that will allow you to save a lot of space!
Finally, it’s worth clarifying that all of these tips to fold your shirts in record time imply starting with the shirt buttoned up. In addition, be sure that your shirts are well ironed before starting. Otherwise, the tips may not work.