Learn how to decorate your flowerpots while having fun and relaxing! Plus, by using various techniques and bringing to life what you had already had imagined, you focus exclusively on the task at hand. Therefore, every worry and negative thought fades away.
Art is the perfect way to free yourself from stress and tension, at least for a little while. On the other hand, there are several trends out there now that encourage you to re-imagine the usefulness of objects and how to decorate them.
Flowerpots are one of those items that people barely pay attention to. Very few people dare to paint them and make them the center of attention in a room. However, that has changed.
Now people decorate their flowerpots to make them pop both indoors and outdoors.
The best part of decorating flowerpots is that you can use supplies and materials that you already have at home but had forgotten totally about.
How to Decorate your Flowerpots with Paint
There are endless paint types and colors out there. All you have to do is let your imagination run wild. You can try different things:
- Paint them one color.
- Paint only the top and bottom edges.
- Choose glitter paints, opaque colors, or whatever else you like and combining them.
- Paint stripes on them.
- Paint them one color and then adding some details in another.
- Make geometric shapes.
- Blend colors. For this, all you have to do is choose the tones and start with the darker colors to the lighter ones. For example:
- Choose a dark lilac and start painting in sections.
- Each time you change a color, you choose a lighter one to finally finish with baby blue or white.
- You don’t just finish with one color and start with another. You actually blend the colors. The result is amazing!
Paint Faces on Them
This technique makes them look really cute. You can draw smiley faces or even add grimaces, gestures, or anything else you want.
- All you have to do is paint them white.
- Then, draw the eyes, nose, and mouth with a black marker.
- You can also add freckles, a tongue, teeth, glasses…. just let your creative juices flow!
Write Quotes or Sayings on Them
You can paint or use a marker to write your favorite quotes or sayings on your flowerpots. Nature-related ones are perfect for this. Write down something that motivates and inspires you to keep going every time you read it. Here are some ideas:
“Plant your dreams and let them grow”, “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks”, “When the root is deep, there’s no reason to fear the wind”.
How to Decorate your Flowerpots with Textures
If you want to give your flowerpots a rustic touch, this is the technique we recommend. You only need a clay flowerpot or you can just make one with a tin can.
- Take a can and make holes in the bottom.
- Apply glue only in the upper third.
- Wound the heavy duty thread around it.
It’s a technique in which you glue colored paper or fabric on a surface. It’s really easy and will make you feel like a great artist since your glued complex drawings will look painted on.
- First, choose the drawing you want and cut it out. You should use thin paper, like napkin or tissue paper.
- Then, rest the paper on your flowerpot.
- Paint over it with glue and let dry.
- Finally, varnish it.
To give your flowerpots a feminine touch, you can add ribbons with lace. You can choose fabric or plastic ones, whatever you like best.
- Paint the flowerpots with pastel colors.
- Let dry.
- Glue the lace ribbon on the top edge.
How to Decorate your Flowerpots with Mosaics
This procedure requires a lot of patience, but the results are amazing. We recommended using it on rectangular or flat flowerpots. You can do it in two ways:
- You can find them in different shapes and sizes and they already come in pieces.
- All you have to do is glue them to the flowerpot and let dry.
- Add some glue on the holes so it looks even better.
With Old Records
You can find them in many different colors. It’s another way to recycle those old records that you no longer use or want to hear any more. It’s also advisable to use flat sided flowerpots for this technique.
- Cut the records into pieces.
- Then, just glue the pieces on the flowerpot.
- As a result, you get a perfect mosaic replica.
How to Decorate your Broken Flowerpots
Don’t throw out your broken flowerpots, especially if they’re big! You can reuse those broken pots and turn them into a mini garden. Follow these steps to make your own mini garden:
- Place smaller pots inside the broken ones.
- In the broken parts, plant grass or place sand or stones.
- Place different colored flowers to make them pop.
- Decorate with small stones.
Learning to decorate your flowerpots will help you develop your concentration and reduce your stress levels. This craft stimulates your manual dexterity and creativity while protecting the environment by recycling. Why don’t you try decorating your flowerpots today?