Have you ever wondered if you can rejuvenate your face? Obviously there are no miracles, but what we can make our face brighter, giving it more tonicity and more elasticity. And an effective and simple remedy is to avail ourselves of this economic “Japanese” face mask. Do you want to know what it is?
The benefits of rice to rejuvenate the face
We all know how much we spend regularly on cosmetics, creams and treatments. Too much, no doubt. The interesting thing about all these industries dedicated to the world of beauty is that they use natural ingredients which are available to all of us. But obviously these are used and synthesized in such large quantities in the creams sold at stores; and we usually only try a few creams throughout our lives, depending on our age and our needs.
In our health blog we have often mentioned the wonderful benefits of avocados, grapes and aloe vera for our beauty, but today we want to introduce an element so basic that you probably had never considered it: rice. A remedy of Japanese origin? Yes it is. It is a very traditional feminine remedy in the Eastern world. Let us explain its benefits.
- Rice is a good tonic for the skin. It has an ingredient called inositol which is wonderful in helping to slow down aging by promoting blood circulation and effectively benefiting the overall health of the skin.
- Rich in vitamin B. You already know the many virtues of vitamin B to care for our skin, our hair, our nails …, it stimulates skin regeneration, contributes to softening the skin, and strengthens the skin against external elements.
- Hydrates, regenerates and firms the skin. This virtue comes mainly from rice water, a very traditional remedy for Japanese women.
- Anti-wrinkle effect. As we have already pointed out, the secret of rice to rejuvenate the face lies in its component inositol. This can counteract wrinkles and stimulate circulation in the facial skin, which is always so delicate.
- A great exfoliator. It is surprising, but among its virtues we must also add phytic acid. And what does this element do? It removes dead skin cells, helping to rejuvenate the face little by little.
- Removes acne blemishes. Again, it is rice water which is the ideal portion of this treatment to clean our skin of foreign elements. It purges, tones, and reduces facial blemishes caused mainly by acne. It is best to perform a treatment at least two days a week.
Rejuvenating “Japanese” face mask
Now you know that our mask of Japanese origin has rice as its basic element. Rich in vitamins and rejuvenating properties, it is worth the effort to apply this remedy at least twice a week. If you wish, you can supplement this mask with your usual creams, because it is an easy way to obtain additional benefits in a very economical way. And be assured – it provides good results.
1. What do I need to prepare my mask?
This rejuvenating face mask will require the following ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons of organic brown rice. You can find this in specialty or natural food stores, make sure above all that it is organic, that is, free of pesticides or chemicals, so you will get all the natural properties of rice.
- One and a half tablespoons of distilled water.
- Two tablespoons of avocado.
- One half teaspoon of honey.
2. How do I prepare my rejuvenating face mask?
- It’s very easy, as you can already imagine. What we do first is cook the rice. You use very little rice, as you can see, but we want to be sure the mask is freshly made each time since that is how to benefit from its features. Heat the rice until it is tender and then separate the water from the rice. Save both items.
- What we do now is strain the rice and place it in another container and add the avocado and honey. Use a spoon to stir the mixture well to create a fine, homogeneous paste. When ready, apply it to your skin.
- Leave it on your face for at least 15 or 20 minutes. Afterward use a cotton swab to remove it and wash your face with the rice water which you previously set aside. In this way, you will exfoliate and treat the small blemishes and impurities.
- As you can see this face mask of Japanese origin is very thorough, simple and inexpensive. It allows us to benefit from both the rice itself and from the rice water. If you prepare this remedy twice a week, you’ll rejuvenate your face every day. Try it!