Rejuvenating "Japanese" Face Mask
Rice is a perfect ally for the skin. The grain itself can be used as a scrub to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells, while rice water hydrates, regenerates, and firms the skin.
Have you ever wondered if you can rejuvenate your face? Obviously, there are no miracles, but what we can do is make our face brighter, giving it more tonicity and more elasticity.
An effective and simple remedy is to avail ourselves of this economic “Japanese” face mask. Do you want to know what it is?
The benefits of rice to rejuvenate the face
We all know how much we spend regularly on cosmetics, creams, and treatments. Too much, no doubt. The interesting thing about all these industries dedicated to the world of beauty is that they use natural ingredients which are available to all of us.
Obviously, these are used and synthesized in such large quantities in the creams sold at stores. In the same vein, we usually only try a few creams throughout our lives, depending on our age and our needs.
In our health blog, we have often mentioned the wonderful benefits of avocados, grapes and aloe vera for our beauty. But today we want to introduce an element so basic that you probably had never considered it: rice.
A remedy of Japanese origin? Yes, it is. It is a very traditional feminine remedy in the Eastern world. So, let us explain its benefits.
Rice is a good tonic for the skin
Rice has an ingredient called inositol which is wonderful in helping to slow down aging by promoting blood circulation. It also is effective in benefiting the overall health of the skin. This virtue comes mainly from rice water, a very traditional remedy for Japanese women. It is said to hydrate, rejuvenate the skin.
Rich in vitamin B
Firstly, you already know the many virtues of vitamin B to care for our skin, our hair, and our nails. It stimulates skin regeneration, contributes to softening the skin, and strengthens the skin against external elements.
As we have already pointed out, the secret of rice to rejuvenate the face lies in its component inositol. This can counteract wrinkles. Furthermore, it can stimulate circulation in the facial skin, which is always so delicate.
A great exfoliator
It is surprising, but among its virtues, we must also add phytic acid. And what does this element do? It removes dead skin cells, helping to rejuvenate the face little by little.
Removes acne blemishes
Again, it is rice water in this treatment that we use to clean our skin of foreign elements. It purges, tones, and reduces facial blemishes caused mainly by acne. Most importantly, it is best to perform a treatment at least two days a week.
See also: 8 Steps for Eliminating Acne
Rejuvenating “Japanese” face mask
Now you know that our mask of Japanese origin has rice as its basic element. More so, because it is rich in vitamins and rejuvenating properties, it is worth the effort to apply this remedy at least twice a week.
If you wish, you can supplement this mask with your usual creams, because it is an easy way to obtain additional benefits in a very economical and practical way. Likewise, it provides good results.
We recommend: Be Happier Every Day with this Japanese Wisdom
1. What do I need to prepare my mask?
This rejuvenating face mask will require the following ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons of organic brown rice. You can find this in specialty or natural food stores. Make sure, above all, that it is organic. For example, free of pesticides or chemicals, so you will get all the natural properties of the rice.
- One and a half tablespoons of distilled water.
- Two tablespoons of avocado.
- One-half teaspoon of honey.
2. How do I prepare my rejuvenating face mask?
- First of all, you need to cook the rice. You use very little rice, but we want to be sure the mask is freshly made each time. This is how to benefit from its features.
- Heat the rice until it is tender and then separate the water from the rice. Save both items.
- Next, strain the rice and place it in another container and add the avocado and honey. Use a spoon to stir the mixture well to create a fine, homogeneous paste. When ready, apply it to your skin.
- Lastly, leave it on your face for at least 15 or 20 minutes. Afterward, use a cotton swab to remove it and wash your face with the rice water which you previously set aside. In this way, you will exfoliate and treat the small blemishes and impurities.
Finally, this Japanese face mask is very thorough, simple, and inexpensive. It allows us to benefit from both the rice itself and from the rice water. If you prepare this remedy twice a week, you’ll rejuvenate your face every day. Try it!