Incredible Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon have great properties that strengthen the immune system and prevent disease. They also reduce pain and inflammation in the joints.
Honey and cinnamon are two great gifts from nature. They are wonderful for health thanks to their ability to fight and prevent different diseases.
Combined or by themselves, these two ingredients have a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic effect that is effective for fighting pathogens and promoting good functioning of vital organs.
Honey and cinnamon have been combined for several years as part of natural remedies used to treat different health problems, along with increasing the body’s defenses and even supporting weight-loss diets.
A lot of people don’t know just how beneficial this mixture is for health, however, nor do they know that it should definitely be included in their diets.
What are honey’s properties?
Honey is produced by bees and is one of the most highly valued natural ingredients in natural medicine, because of its high concentration of antiseptic, strengthening, calming, laxative, diuretic and bacteria-killing agents. These can be used to improve health.
Honey tastes sweet and is very pleasant. It is extremely versatile, which allows it to be mixed with other ingredients to strengthen its effects.
Honey provides the following primary health benefits:
- Provides bodily energy.
- Has antibiotic properties which help treat sore throats, cough and respiratory illnesses.
- Calms ulcers.
- Its antiseptic properties prevent infections.
- Aids tissue healing in skin damaged by burns and wounds.
- Is a probiotic food which helps regulate intestinal flora.
- Prevents constipation.
What are cinnamon’s properties?
Although its most popular uses are food related, cinnamon is also known for being highly medicinal because of its antimicrobial, antibacterial and antioxidant properties. When combined with its vitamin and mineral content, it makes a powerful natural remedy.
Cinnamon’s primary benefits include:
- Regulating blood sugar levels.
- Helping to control cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Calming stomach pain, inflammation and gas.
- Curing and preventing different types of infections.
- Contains vitamin A, magnesium, complex-B vitamins, zinc and flavonoids.
Why combine honey and cinnamon?
Knowing that both ingredients provide a lot of benefits to the body, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to combine the two into a powerful natural remedy to face all different kinds of health problems.
While each ingredient is healthful on its own, mixing the two can help to:
- Strengthen the immune system and prevent disease.
- Fight hearing problems.
- Reduce pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Lose weight.
- Reduce cholesterol levels.
- Protect the heart and prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Improve digestion, prevent constipation and calm irritable bowels.
- Fight skin blemishes.
- Rejuvenate tissues and organs.
How to prepare this natural remedy
It’s also a good idea to support this with a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
- 1 liter water
- 2 Tbsp. powdered cinnamon (20 grams)
- 2 Tbsp. honey (50 grams)
- Bring the liter of water to a boil, then pour it into a jar with the two tablespoons of honey.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 45 minutes, then add the honey before drinking.
Drink one cup of this infusion in the morning at least 30 minutes before breakfast. Then drink another cup at night before going to bed.
Keep in mind…!
This honey and cinnamon remedy is not a miracle worker, and its effects differ from person to person and according to how regularly it is drunk.
One should never consume this infusion in excess, because too much cinnamon can be toxic to the body.
This remedy is not recommended for individuals that suffer from digestive problems, like gastritis or intestinal ulcers, as cinnamon can be highly irritating to these conditions.
In the event that you are taking antibiotics, or if you suffer from a particular disease, it is best to consult your physician first, before drinking this mixture.