Incredible Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon have great medicinal properties you can combine.
Honey and cinnamon have great properties that strengthen the immune system and prevent disease. They also reduce pain and inflammation in the joints.
Honey and cinnamon are two great gifts from nature. They are wonderful for health thanks to their ability to fight and prevent different diseases.
Combined or by themselves, these two ingredients have a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic effect that’s effective for fighting pathogens and promoting good functioning of vital organs.
Honey and cinnamon have been combined for several years as part of natural remedies used to treat different health problems, along with increasing the body’s defenses and even supporting weight-loss diets.
A lot of people don’t know just how beneficial this mixture is for health. Nor do they know that it’s a good idea to include it in their diets.
What are honey’s properties?
Bees produce honey. Practitioners of natural medicine value it highly. That’s because it contains a high concentration of antiseptic, strengthening, calming, laxative, diuretic and bacteria-killing agents. These can be used to improve health.
Honey tastes sweet and is very pleasant. It is extremely versatile, which allows it to be mixed with other ingredients to strengthen its effects.
Honey provides the following primary health benefits:
- Provides bodily energy.
- Has antibiotic properties which help treat sore throats, cough and respiratory illnesses.
- Calms ulcers.
- Its antiseptic properties prevent infections.
- Aids tissue healing in skin damaged by burns and wounds.
- Is a probiotic food which helps regulate intestinal flora.
- Prevents constipation.
What are cinnamon’s properties?
Although its most popular uses are related to cuisine, cinnamon is also known for being highly medicinal. That’s because of its antimicrobial, antibacterial and antioxidant properties. When combined with its vitamin and mineral content, it makes a powerful natural remedy.
Cinnamon’s primary benefits include:
- Regulating blood sugar levels.
- Helping to control cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Calming stomach pain, inflammation and gas.
- Curing and preventing different types of infections.
- Contains Vitamin A, magnesium, complex-B vitamins, zinc and flavonoids.
Why combine honey and cinnamon?
Both ingredients provide a lot of benefits to the body. That’s why it’s not a bad idea to combine the two into a powerful remedy. This might help you face all kinds of health problems.
While each ingredient is healthy on its own, mixing the two can help to:
- Strengthen the immune system and prevent disease.
- Fight hearing problems.
- Reduce pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Lose weight.
- Reduce cholesterol levels.
- Protect the heart and prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Improve digestion, prevent constipation and calm irritable bowels.
- Fight skin blemishes.
- Rejuvenate tissues and organs.
How to prepare this natural honey and cinnamon remedy
It’s also a good idea to support this with a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
- 1 liter water
- 2 Tbsp. powdered cinnamon (20 grams)
- 2 Tbsp. honey (50 grams)
- Bring the liter of water to a boil. Then pour it into a jar with the two tablespoons of honey.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 45 minutes. Then add the honey before drinking.
Drink one cup of this infusion in the morning at least 30 minutes before breakfast. Then drink another cup at night before going to bed.
Also Read: Hidden Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
Keep this in mind about honey and cinnamon!
This honey and cinnamon remedy is not a miracle worker. Also, its effects differ from depending on how regularly you drink it.
Never eat this in excess. That’s because too much cinnamon can be toxic to the body.
Experts recommend that individuals who suffer from digestive problems avoid it. Some examples of these problems are gastritis and also intestinal ulcers. Remember that cinnamon can be highly irritating if you have these issues.
If you’re also taking antibiotics consult with your physician before drinking this.