You need good physical and mental productivity to accomplish all the things you need to do and face all the challenges that arise during the day.
Having enough energy is a determining factor in keeping focused and using your time well. However, bad eating habits, stress, and fatigue can lower the quality of your work and really interfere with your daily life.
Fortunately, there are energy-packed natural drinks that give your body a boost to keep working without these lows. Plus, they don’t expose you to any harmful side effects like some others do.
Protein-rich smoothies are a great option. They’re not only a good source of “fuel,” but also full of a great variety of nutrients you need for your health.
Below, we’ll share 5 delicious recipes with you to make at home.
1. Strawberry yogurt smoothie
This strawberry yogurt smoothie is energy-packed and gives your body a significant amount of protein and antioxidants in exchange for few calories.
The essential fatty acids, amino acids, and minerals in it encourage enhanced physical and mental performance. These all help you stay productive all day.
- 6 ripe strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of oats (10 g)
- 1/2 cup of natural yogurt (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon of linseed oil (10 g)
- 1/2 cup of water (100 ml)
- First, add all ingredients to the blender. Process until creamy and all lumps are gone.
- Enjoy as soon as possible to avoid any nutrient loss.
- Have it as part of your breakfast or when you find yourself in an energy slump.
“Want to learn more? How to Make Homemade Yogurt and All its Benefits”
2. Apple smoothie
This delicious recipe made with apples and yogurt contains a significant amount of protein. This gets absorbed by your body and improves physical and mental performance, especially with high-intensity activities.
We recommend adding honey and almonds, with their many nutrients that increase energy levels in your body.
- A green apple
- 1 cup of natural yogurt (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- 4 chopped almonds
- Cut up the apple and add it to the blender along with the yogurt and honey.
- Blend for a few minutes, and once well-mixed, add the almond bits.
- Enjoy up to 2 times a day.
3. Chocolate oat smoothie
This chocolate oat smoothie contains antioxidants, fiber, and essential amino acids, helping up your physical and mental energy.
Its nutritional profile enhances mental performance while helping prevent concentration and memory problems.
While it contains a decent amount of calories, if you have it in moderate amounts, it can control your appetite and help you manage your weight.
- 1 tablespoon of powdered chocolate (10 g)
- 3 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- 1 cup of milk (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of amaranth (10 g)
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and process until well-mixed.
- Consume around mid-morning or whenever you feel the need for an energy boost.
4. Walnut yogurt smoothie
Protein-rich and high in essential fatty acids and probiotics, this smoothie is a nutritious way to recharge your batteries.
Its nutrients improve your digestion while keeping you going, both physically and mentally.
- 6 walnuts
- 1 cup of yogurt (150 g)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (10 ml)
- A tablespoon of raisins (8 g)
- Process the walnuts, yogurt, and vanilla in the blender until you get a creamy texture.
- Garnish with the tablespoon of raisins and enjoy.
- Have a glass around mid-morning or in the afternoon.
“Check this article out: 6 Simple Exercises to Relieve Bloating and Improve Digestion”
8. Banana, cheese, and milk smoothie
It may seem strange to some people to add cheese to their smoothies, but it’s actually a very tasty and healthy way to give your body a significant amount of protein.
This recipe is recommended for athletes or people whose jobs require physical activity, because it helps build muscle mass while increasing your productivity.
- 2 tablespoons of whipped cheese (28 g)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of skim milk (200 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of oats (30 g)
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and process until creamy.
- Consume as soon as possible, once a day.
Are you ready for an energy boost? Instead of buying energy drinks at the store, enjoy these healthy options and have a more productive day.