5 Natural Drinks to Improve Your Blood Circulation
Blood circulation plays a vital role in our lives. After all, it’s in charge of carrying oxygen and nutrients to all our organs. It does so thanks to the work the heart does of continuously pumping the blood so that it can reach the organs with no problem. However, sometimes problems can occur and it’s good to know ways you can improve your blood circulation.
Certain factors can decrease or interfere with its flow through the veins and arteries. The problem is that many times the symptoms are not evident at first, making difficult to detect that there is any problem at all.
As a result, other bodily functions are affected and, in time, will produce symptoms and problems that affect the quality of life. Fortunately, there are many natural drinks that, if included in your diet, can help improve your blood circulation and avoid the complications it can cause.
Are you interested in knowing what they are?
Drinks to improve your blood circulation
1. Beet juice
Beets contain a phytochemical known as betaine that, because of its antioxidant properties, increases the elimination of waste through the urine. Its absorption in the body reduces the formation of kidney stones and, in turn, improves the cleansing process of the urinary tract.
Furthermore, its essential vitamins and minerals help to improve your blood circulation and reduce inflammation in the arteries.
- 3 medium beets
- 1/2 glass of water
- Firstly, juice the beets in a juicer, and then mix the liquid in a medium glass of water.
- Drink it immediately after juicing, twice per day.
2. Strawberry and grapefruit smoothie
A smoothie made from strawberries and grapefruits has a high concentration of antioxidants that contribute to better circulation. It contains vitamins A and C that, along with its minerals, reduce the accumulation of waste in the blood and helps prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Juice of 2 grapefruits
- 6 ripe strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 a glass of water
- Firstly, squeeze the juice out of the two grapefruits and blend it in a blender with the strawberries, honey, and water.
- Be sure there are no lumps and then drink it immediately after blending.
- Drink at least three times per week.
Read more: Blood Clots: Watch Out for These 8 Signs
3. Ginger tea
Ginger tea is a traditional remedy for the natural treatment of problems that interfere with blood circulation. It contains anti-inflammatory and anti-coagulant substances that stimulate blood circulation through the arteries.
- 1 glass of water
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Firstly, heat the water and, when it starts to boil, add the fresh ginger.
- Then let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes and then strain through a colander.
- Add the honey and drink, up to twice per day.
4. Cucumber and celery juice
Cucumber and celery juice is a cleansing drink that promotes the elimination of toxins in the blood. Its diuretic effect helps combat inflammation which, in turn, decreases the risk of circulatory illnesses.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 glass of water
- Firstly, chop the cucumbers and mix them in a blender with one celery stalk and a glass of water.
- Then drink the mixture without straining twice per day.
Read more: The Best Natural Remedies for Inflammation
5. Papaya, plum, and green grape smoothie
This natural smoothie combines ingredients that are rich in antioxidants and fiber. The effects help to improve circulation affected by inflammation and clotting problems. Its natural enzymes promote the decomposition of toxins and fats that, while ignored by many, are actually the cause of circulation deficiencies.
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 3 plums
- 1 glass of water
- Firstly, wash the grapes well and put them in the blender with the plums and water.
- Then blend on high until liquefied.
- Drink immediately to benefit from all its nutrients.
- Drink on an empty stomach, every day for two weeks.
- Repeat this treatment every two months as a preventative and detoxification.
It is important to clarify that, while these drinks are a great help to improve your blood circulation, it is vital they be included in a balanced diet. At the same time, you should watch your intake of calories, fat, and sugar.
It would be of no use whatsoever to consume these drinks while, at the same time, continuing with bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle.