How To Use Lemon For Beautiful and Healthy Skin
Using lemon to have beautiful and healthy skin is a good step towards achieving the image you want, as well as for caring for your self-esteem.
Our skin indicates how we are on the inside. However, sometimes this is a disadvantage. Stress, lack of sleep and fatigue can reveal something about us that we don’t want to show. This can even negatively affect our state of mind.
For this reason, the best thing is to take great care of it. It’s very important to look in the mirror and find a healthy image. It fills us with positive energy, which we need to start the day. This is especially important when we’re going through a hard time.
For this reason, the best thing is to use products that are as natural as possible. These products respect our nature and have barely any side effects.
Today, we’re going to talk about lemon and how you can use it to enjoy its many benefits.
Why to use lemon for beautiful and healthy skin
As is the case with all citrus fruits, lemon is rich in vitamin C, so it’s a great antioxidant. As a result, it delays the appearance of wrinkles and age spots.
Similarly, it also helps produce melanin, and thus facilitates the regeneration of the skin.
This vitamin is also used as a healing agent. It’s not unusual for us to have some small lesions to the skin due to waxing or acne or blackheads.
Lemon juice helps get rid of marks, or at least lessen them.
It also offers the advantage that it serves as an exfoliant. This way, we can get rid of the impurities and oils that are stuck to the skin.
At the same time, we will achieve a firm, clear complexion, which will give us a glowing image.
How to use lemon for beautiful and healthy skin
Exfoliate your skin with lemon and sugar
As you know, all exfoliants need a solid component to open the pores. In this case, we’ll use white sugar grains.
Don’t fall into the temptation to use salt, because salt absorbs water from the skin and tends to over-dry it.
It may seem strange that we’re recommending this ingredient. However, this is because the skin does not filter glucose, so it does not get inside the body. Also, its rough texture makes it a perfect instrument to achieve our objective.
- 3 tablespoons (13 g) of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) of olive oil
- 1/2 glass (125 ml) or water
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Mix the lemon juice with the water.
- Add the sugar.
- Pour in the oil little by little and stir until it mixes in well.
Its effect is similar to other exfoliants.
- Firstly, you need to have the area very clean.
- Then, apply the exfoliant with lemon to have beautiful and healthy skin with circular massages. Be careful with how much pressure you apply, so as to avoid potential injury.
Tone the skin
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 a glass (125 ml) of water
- You can make more as long as you respect the proportions
- A cotton wool pad
- Mix the water and lemon to prevent the lemon damaging the skin. This way, we remove what we don’t want and we get the best from its incredible properties. However, if you notice any reddening, try adding more water.
- Wet the cotton wool pad and gently pass it over the area of skin you want to treat.
- Wait 20 minutes before rinsing it off. During this time, the lemon will work to cleanse, clarify and tone the skin.
- Afterwards, remove the mixture with plenty of cold water and dry it.
- Then, the ideal thing is to use moisturizing cream to complete the treatment effectively.
As you know, to keep your skin beautiful and health, it’s essential to go through the steps that we’ve mentioned: exfoliate, tone and moisturize.
For the latter, there are also natural options, like this cocoa butter and vitamin E cream to moisturize your hands.
Our skin is our cover letter. That’s why it’s important to care for it to give the best version of ourselves. On the other hand, it’s also essential for our self-esteem, because it has a big effect on how we see ourselves.