How to Minimize Dark Circles: 5 Natural Methods
A lot of people are trying to minimize dark circles under their eyes, and for many it is quite bothersome. Their self-esteem takes a hit with these tired-looking eyes, along with their natural beauty and youth.
The good news is that there are ways to treat them. Natural remedies are a great way to do so, and we’re here to share 5 natural methods to minimize dark circles.
What are dark circles?
Dark circles form when too much melanin is produced in the skin underneath your eyes.
However, there are other factors that influence them and are both genetic and environmental. That’s why they may fluctuate from day to day.
The Main Causes of Dark Circles
One of the main reasons people get dark circles under their eyes is because they have thin, sensitive skin, especially in that area. Age and sun exposure also dehydrate your skin and make it look darker and looser.
There are all kinds of natural solutions you can turn to, however. Let’s take a look at them!
Take a look at this too:
Minimize Dark Circles with These Natural Remedies
1. Ice-cold spoons
This is an extremely easy solution to waking up with blue-ish or swollen circles under your eyes. The cold works powerfully to reduce inflammation and shrink bags under your eyes.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Chill two spoons in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, apply them directly to your eye area, lightly pressing to make the cold act more quickly.
- Alternatively, you could wrap ice cubes in a cloth and press onto the area.
2. Green tea bags
Because of the antioxidants in green tea, it has the ability to slow down aging and help remove dark spots from your skin. Therefore it’s perfect if you have dark circles.
- Place two green tea bags in a cup of lukewarm water and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Smooth them over your eye area at least three hours before going to bed.
- You should see results within a week.
3. Cold milk
This natural remedy is easy to fit into your busy life. The fat in milk will moisturize and soften your skin, while the cold temperature will rapidly reduce swelling.
- Dip two cotton balls in cold milk.
- Then, place them over your dark circles.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
4. Cucumber circles
Cucumber circles are one of the most well-known and beloved remedies all over the world. They help reduce swelling in the face due to their caffeic acid and vitamin C content. Plus, it takes almost no effort!
- Peel the cucumber and cut two slices.
- Let chill in the fridge for a few hours.
- Once they’re cold enough, take them out and place them over your eyes.
- Let sit for 15 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
5. Egg whites
While egg whites aren’t as well known as a natural remedy for dark circles, they’re very effective. They contain vitamin B12, which helps improve your circulation and soften your skin.
- Beat an egg white until it forms peaks.
- Then, use a brush to smooth it over the skin underneath your eyes.
- Let sit 15 minutes and then rinse with plenty of cold water.
Use any of these remedies to minimize dark circles. They’ll help them become less noticeable and show up much less often.
So now that you know what to do, go ahead and take advantage of the gifts of nature – they’re really easy to use!