How to make moisturizing masks for dry skin
Dry skin can make you look older than you are if you don’t take care of it and treat it with skincare products like these moisturizing masks.
Low oil production can excessively dry out your skin. Dry skin affects thousands of women and it’s actually associated with premature aging. It’s caused by being exposed to the sun’s UV rays for long periods of time. It also has to do with hormonal imbalances, poor eating habits, and extended use of certain chemical products.
While it’s not always serious, sometimes it does produce scaly, cracked skin and affect your self-esteem. Luckily, in addition to store-bought skincare products, there are also all kinds of natural, inexpensive moisturizing masks that can help your dry skin without any side effects. Today, this article provides a few recipes you can try at anytime you notice dry skin.
Yogurt and strawberries
The two ingredients in this mask will provide your skin with significant amounts of antioxidants and vitamins that have the power to restore your skin’s natural pH and thus improve oil production. The nutrients in the mask will repair damage caused by toxins and clear up spots and blemishes.
- 5 tablespoons of natural yogurt (100 g)
- 2 ripe strawberries
- Add the two ingredients to a container
- Mash with a fork and stir until well-mixed. If you want a creamier texture, use a blender.
- Remove your makeup and apply the mask.
- Let it sit 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Use 2 or 3 times a week for best results.
Oats and honey
When it comes to moisturizing masks, this one is hard to beat; it will make your face soft and radiant. The nutrients in it will remove dead skin cells and help oxygenate the tissues.
- 2 tablespoons of oats (16 g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- Mix the two ingredients together until it forms a paste.
- Rub the mask into your skin using gentle circular motions, then let sit 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and use twice a week.
Powdered milk and egg whites
This natural mask is perfect for moisturizing dry skin because packed full of fatty acids, amino acids, and antioxidants. When it absorbs into your skin, it helps regenerate your cells and heal those painful cracks.
- 1 tablespoon of powdered milk (15 g)
- Egg white
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- Combine the ingredients in a deep bowl and beat until smooth.
- Smooth the mask over your skin and let it sit 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove with warm water and use it 3 times a week.
Brewer’s yeast and milk
Brewer’s yeast is high in amino acids, something you skin needs to repair itself. The vitamins and minerals in it will get your blood flowing and prevent the appearance of fine lines.
- 1 tablespoon of powdered brewer’s yeast (15 g)
- 5 tablespoons of milk (75 ml)
- Moisten the brewer’s yeast with the milk until it forms a thick paste.
- Rub it all over your face and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Use 2 or 3 times a week.
Chocolate and almond oil
Chocolate is one of the best options for dry, dull skin because of its high concentrations of antioxidants and fats. Applying it topically can firm up flabby skin and prevent premature signs of aging.
- 1 small bar of chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil (5 g)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and mix it with the almond oil.
- Make sure the temperature is safe for your skin, and then rub it into the desired areas.
- Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse.
- Use at least once a week.
If you’ve noticed your skin looking flaky and lifeless, pick one of the moisturizing masks above and give your dry skin some life. While it will take some time to see major results, you’ll notice softer skin right away.It might interest you...