How to Make Eggplant Chips and Other Vegetable Chips
If you’re one of those people who likes to snack but wants to snack on something healthy, try making vegetable chips. You can also serve these chips with a dressing or homemade sauce to make them even more delicious!
“Chips” is an American term that refers to thin-cut potatoes that are fried at high temperatures. Generally, they have a round or disc shape because of how the potato is cut.
Chips are a very popular food worldwide, and in many countries, you can buy them at any grocery store or supermarket. However, if you’re looking for something healthier, chips bought at the supermarket may not be the best option. That’s why we have complied a few recipes for vegetable chips to make a delicious and more healthy option.
First of all, why eggplant chips?
Eggplant is a widely used vegetable in cooking, and it contains many nutrients and properties that are very beneficial to our bodies. Some of these nutrients and properties include the fact that:
- Eggplant is antibacterial and antiviral because of the flavonoids it contains.
- This vegetable contains vitamin E, folic acid, and dietary fiber. For this reason, it’s recommended for skin care, during pregnancy, and to lose weight.
- It helps combat liver problems because it stimulates the production of bile.
- Due to its high water content, it’s also considered a diuretic vegetable. It’s perfect for helping eliminate toxins from the body.
In addition, you can also add other vegetables to your chips, such as cucumbers, beets, carrots, or pumpkins. This will vary the flavor of your chips and be a very healthy snack that you are sure to love!
How to Make Vegetable Chips
1. Eggplant chips
You can pair these chips with a dressing, garlic sauce, tartar sauce, or even a tomato sauce. You can also prepare these sauces yourself to enhance their flavor and make a healthier version.
We recommend: Delicious Homemade Garlic Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium-sized eggplants (500 g)
- 1 cup of wheat flour (120 g)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary powder (15 g)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (125 ml)
- 1 cup of sparkling water (250 ml)
- Paper towels
- First, you should wash the eggplants well. Then, slice them into very thin slices.
- Then, mix the salt and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Now, submerge the slices of eggplant in a bowl with the sparkling water. Let them sit for 20 minutes. Then, drain them and place them on a plate.
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan and heat it at medium heat.
- Then, soak each eggplant slice in the flour and fry until golden brown.
- When you have finished frying all of the eggplant, drain or pat them with paper towels.
- Finally, serve them on a plate and sprinkle the salt and rosemary mixture on top.
2. Oven-baked Cucumber Chips
Cucumber is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C, and E, dietary fiber, and essential minerals like potassium, magnesium, and iron.
It’s also ideal for skin care, strengthening the connective tissues of the body, and improving the cardiovascular system.
- 2 cucumbers (400 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (15 ml)
- Aluminium foil
- First, wash and cut the cucumbers. Slice them thinly and place them on a plate.
- Then, put them in a medium-sized bowl with the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, salt, and chopped parsley.
- Next, let the cucumbers soak in that mixture and then place them on a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C (350º F). Bake the cucumbers for 10 or 15 minutes until they become golden.
- Finally, eat and enjoy!
3. Pumpkin Chips
Pumpkins contain vitamin A and C as well essential minerals, such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium, and folic acid; and amino acids. In addition, they’re recommended to help with weight loss, relieve constipation, keep skin healthy, and to eat during pregnancy.
- 2 cups of pumpkin (240 g)
- 1 pinch of paprika (5 g)
- 1 pinch of pepper (5 g)
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour (60 g)
- 1 pinch of salt (5 g)
- 1/2 cup of sunflower oil (125 ml)
- A spiralizer
- First, use the spiralizer on the cut pieces of pumpkin to give them the form of a chip.
- Then, mix the paprika, pepper, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Coat the pumpkin chips in this mixture.
- Next, sprinkle wheat flour on a plate and coat the chips in flour.
- Now, put the sunflower oil in a frying pan and heat the oil up. Fry the chips until they’re golden brown.
- Let the chips cool and drain some of the oil.
- Finally, enjoy your delicious pumpkin chips!
So, what are you waiting for? Go make these delicious vegetable chips! We promise you will not be disappointed by their flavor. They’ll become your go-to snack!It might interest you...