How to Make Delicious Coconut and Almond Bread
This recipe for coconut and almond bread is so delicious that you might even want to eat it by itself. However, you can enjoy it even more with some jam.
Bread is one of the basic foods consumed daily around the world. However, there are variations and original recipes to give it a unique and different taste, like this coconut and almond bread we present to you today! Preparing it is very easy and its taste is unmistakable.
Before presenting our recipe, we want to give you some information about the main ingredients of this coconut and almond bread. With this information, in addition to enjoying it for its taste and texture, you’ll have all the more reason to add it to your diet.
Properties of coconuts
Coconut is a highly nutritious tropical fruit. Indeed, although it’s quite caloric (the pulp contains about 342 calories per 3.5 ounces), it has multiple benefits. However, we must highlight that these benefits are concentrated mainly in its oil and water.
In any case, coconuts stand out for their antioxidant properties and their ability to help regulate blood pressure. On the other hand, it’s also rich in fiber, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and vitamins like E, C and B.
Properties of almonds
Almonds, on the other hand, are nuts that are equally rich in health benefits. Indeed, they’re highly nutritious and eating them can contribute to reducing the risk of suffering from heart attacks. As if that weren’t enough, they also help lower cholesterol and have a much healthier intestinal flora.
In addition, they strengthen bones and teeth thanks to their high phosphorus content.
On the other hand, they provide necessary nutrients (tocopherol) for the health of the brain and the nervous system. They’re also a healthy source of energy, protein, minerals and vitamins.
We recommend reading: Almonds, Walnuts or Hazelnuts: Which Are Healthier?
Although you may think we’re offering you a sweet bread, that’s not the case. You may have associated coconut and almond with desserts, but you couldn’t be more wrong! On the contrary, this coconut and almond bread that we’re teaching you to make today is salty. In fact, you’ll see in the list of ingredients that it doesn’t include sugar or sweetener of any kind.
- 14 ounces of bread flour (400 grams)
- 4 ounces of ground almonds (125 grams)
- 0.6 grams of rolled almonds (15 grams)
- 3.5 ounces of grated coconut (100 grams)
- 315 ml of warm water (hot but not burning)
- 1 ounce of fresh yeast (30 grams)
- 25 ml of olive oil
- 0.2 ounces of salt (7 grams)
We recommend: Discover if Bread Is Fattening
- First, dissolve the yeast in warm water. Caution: the water mustn’t be too hot or the dough won’t rise properly. Therefore, make sure that the water doesn’t burn.
- In another bowl or container, mix the flour (preferably sifted) and the ground almond and salt, that is, the powdered ingredients except for the coconut. Mix them all very well.
- Then, little by little, add the water with the yeast in the previous mixture and knead it very well. Make sure that all the ingredients are distributed correctly in the dough.
- Continue kneading. Add olive oil little by little until it’s absorbed by the dough.
- Add the grated coconut, making sure that it’s distributed homogeneously throughout the dough.
- Next, let the dough rest in a container covered with transparent paper and at room temperature for about fifteen minutes. You’ll see how the dough rises.
- After it rises, knead again and give the dough the shape of bread.
- Lastly, grease a container or mold suitable for the oven and place your coconut and almond bread in it.
- Then, sprinkle the sliced almonds on top, along the bread.
- Put it in the oven and cook it at 356 °F (180°C) for about forty minutes. Attention, put it in a cold oven i.e. without preheating.
This bread will fill your kitchen with an irresistible delicious smell of freshly baked bread. In addition, due to its ingredients, this bread has its own characteristic taste. For that reason, it’s ideal to eat by itself, or perhaps with some jam of your liking. It also goes amazingly with a nice cup of hot coffee!