How to Make Cauliflower Garlic Bread
Cauliflower garlic bread is a great substitute for traditional flour bread. It's a great way to help you include more vegetables and nutrients in your diet.
Cauliflower garlic bread contains lots of this vegetable, as well as healthy unsaturated fats in the form of olive oil. Also, it has a small amount of wholemeal flour.
This is great for weight loss because when you submit traditional white flour for this, the total calories you get every day goes down. Also, a portion of this food is equivalent to one of the five servings of fruits and vegetables that you should get every day.
Benefits of eating cauliflower
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable, like cabbage and broccoli. You can find white, purple, or green cauliflower, with small nutritional differences between each one.
It’s a very versatile food that you can eat raw, sautéed, steamed, roasted, or in tortillas and bread. Also, it combines well with other vegetables like carrots, leeks, and broccoli, as well as legumes and rice. Next, we’re going to see some of the benefits that you can get from eating it:
- It contains a large number of vitamins and minerals. Cauliflower has a very complete nutritional profile since it has few calories and provides essential vitamins and minerals. It contains high amounts of vitamin K, B6, and C, in addition to magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, and manganese.
- It’s a source of antioxidants. In fact, antioxidants protect our cells from free radicals. It contains lots of glucosinolates and isothiocyanates, two antioxidants that may even help stop the growth of cancer cells.
- High fiber content, which has important cardiovascular and digestive benefits. Fiber-rich foods aid in digestion and prevent constipation. In addition, eating them helps regulate the amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- Source of choline, which when eaten during pregnancy is related to an improvement in the fetus’s brain activity. In the presence of vitamin C and calcium, it helps prevent fat buildup in the liver.
- Cauliflower helps you lose weight. This is because it’s low in calories, and it a good substitute for bread, rice, and pasta.
Cauliflower garlic bread recipe
Ingredients for cauliflower garlic bread
- 3/4 cups of integral spelt flour
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 eggs
- Salt, pepper, oregano, basil and garlic powder to taste
- Parchment paper
Note: You can replace spelt flour with any other flour you want, like oatmeal, wheat, or rye flour. It’s best to use integral flour to preserve all of the nutrients. Also, you can substitute the spices we listed with any other spices you like.
Check this out: Learn How to Make Bread Without Kneading or Using Gluten
Preparation of cauliflower garlic bread
- First, beat the eggs until they have a foamy texture, and add the sifted flour using a strainer. Also, add the salt, spices, and a little water.
- Next, crush the cauliflower with a food processor. Remove the excess moisture with a clean cloth, and add the extra virgin olive oil and the crushed garlic.
- Then, mix it with the beaten eggs and flour until it’s well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF, and cover a tray with parchment paper.
- Place small portions of the batter on the tray and bake for about 20 minutes, or until they turn golden.
- Then, take it out of the oven and let it stand on a rack for a few minutes to make them crispier.
- Your cauliflower garlic bread is ready!
You can use this however you’d like and even as a base for pizzas or sandwiches. Also, you can add toppings like cheese, tuna, turkey breast, eggs, cherry tomatoes, or carrot slices.