How to Make Almond Milk to Lose Weight
Almond milk has healthy fats, amino acids and fiber that can help promote healthy weight loss. In addition, it has many other wonderful health benefits.
Many people have started drinking almond milk to lose weight. Although it’s a highly caloric drink when compared to other vegetable milks, it contains fiber, amino acids and healthy fats. Thus, it’s a great choice for any diet.
In addition, almost milk gluten and lactose-free, and it contains almost no cholesterol. It also contains a good amount of calcium, so it’s great for your bone health.
What other benefits does it have? How can you make your own?
Due to the boom that it’s had among Hollywood celebrities, you can now purchase almond milk at any supermarket. However, it’s always better to make the natural version yourself. That way, you’ll know that you’re getting all of its properties and are avoiding any chemical additives.
We’ll take a look at the benefits of almond milk and how to make it at home in this article.
The Benefits of Almond Milk to Lose Weight
Almond milk has become very popular around the world as one of the best substitutes for cow’s milk. Not only is it highly recommended for those with a lactose intolerance and vegans, but also for those who want to watch their weight and take care of their health.
From a nutritional point of view, it stands out because of its omega 3 fatty acids, a type of healthy fat that protects your heart health. This nutrient decreases the concentration of cholesterol in the arteries and helps with your metabolic functions.
It also contains a small amount of complex carbohydrates, a macro-nutrient that helps you achieve optimal energy levels. Also, its slow assimilation keeps your metabolism active and prevents spikes in blood glucose levels.
Because of its calcium and magnesium content, drinking it regularly will also strengthen your bones. Although it doesn’t contain as much of these nutrients as cow’s milk, there is enough to meet your daily requirements.
Another reason to drink almond milk to lose weight are its amino acids. As some may know, these nutrients are key to losing weight and increasing muscle mass. Its proper assimilation will improve athletic performance and the risk of injury.
How to Make Almond Milk to Lose Weight
It doesn’t require a lot of time or effort to make almond milk to lose weight. Also, it’s a lot healthier than buying pre-packaged milk at the store. That’s because it doesn’t contain preservatives or chemical additives.
- 1 cup of natural almonds, not roasted (150 g)
- 6 cups of water (1.5 liters)
- First, put the almonds in two cups of water to soak (500 ml).
- Let them sit for 8 hours or all night.
- After that, pour out the water and put the almonds in a blender.
- Add the remaining cups of water and process for a few minutes.
- Once the mixture turns white and foamy, strain it.
- Use a cloth strainer for the best results. Squeeze the milk well and store it in a glass jar with a lid.
Note: You can also add a little cinnamon and honey.
How to drink it
- Drink a cup of almond milk at breakfast or when you snack.
- If you prefer, use it as a base in your fruit and vegetable smoothies.
- Try to watch your consumption, because too much can turn into a lot of calories.
How to Use the Rest of the Almonds
After straining the almond milk, you’ll have a fine flour that can be reused. In fact, it will be great for another healthy recipe for your diet. However, you’ll have to store it a specific way.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (about 180 C)
- While it heats, sprinkle the flour on a tray.
- Put it in the oven and let it bake for 15 minutes, until it has thoroughly dried.
- Use this flour as a replacement for refined flours when making cookies, breads or any kind of dessert.
Read this article: 7 Negative Effects of Refined Flour
Although using almond milk to lose weight can be very beneficial, you shouldn’t overlook its negatives. If you suffer from a metabolic disorder, are pregnant or have specific diseases, you should talk to your doctor before drinking it.
- Drinking too much almond milk can hinder iodine absorption.
- It also contains substances that can irritate your thyroid gland, causing inflammation.
- It’s not recommended for babies.
- Drinking it in large quantities can trigger migraines because it contains tyrosine.
In conclusion, making almond milk to lose weight can be very beneficial. However, under certain circumstances, drinking it can have negative effects.