How to Make a Rack for Your Hats
Let your imagination fly and use your skills to make your very own hat rack! Today, we'll give you a few simple ideas on how to make a rack for your hats.
Today, we’ll tell you how to make your very own rack for your hats. Of course, you can also use it for your coats, wallet, umbrellas, or for anything else you might need to hang.
It’s hard to find racks in modern homes these days. However, they’re very useful and great decorative pieces for any home.
With a little bit of imagination you can make a rack for your hats in any style you might like. For instance, you can do contemporary or you can do rustic. Thus, whatever suits the design of your house best.
The best part is you don’t need to spend a lot of money because you can use any materials you may have at home!
How to Make a Rack for Your Hats with Bottles
Those bottles you’ve accumulated at home are very useful for making a great rack. You can use them to hang hats and other accessories.
What You’ll Need
- 4 or 5 glass bottles. (You can use as many as you want and mix and match shapes and styles according to your design.)
- 1 sheet of rectangular wood or glass or acrylic
- A piece of thin cotton string
- A lighter
- One container with water
- A hot glue gun
- First, tie the string around a bottle, about 2 inches below the neck. Make sure the rope has only one turn and is well adjusted.
- Then, wet the rope with alcohol, so that it’s well soaked.
- Ignite the cord with the lighter. You might need to try several times if it goes off too quickly.
- After about a minute of continuous fire and before it goes out, dunk the bottle into the water container. You should hear a click that indicates the glass cracked. It means the bottle separated along the string.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the bottles. Measure them to ensure they’re all the same size.
- Mark the spaces where you’d like to place the bottlenecks in your piece of wood or glass or acrylic sheet.
- Then, add some glue to the cut rim of the bottles.
- After, place the bottles in the mark you made on the board with glue.
- Finally, you can hang it on the wall using nails or screws.
You may be interested: How to Use Recycled Glass Bottles to Decorate your Garden
A Hat Rack with Wood and Forks
This is a simple and cheap way to make a rack for your hats. You just have to bend the forks and attach them to a board or a wall.
What you’ll need
- Old forks
- A drill with a small metal drill bit
- A piece of wood
- First, put the fork on the wood and fix it well with adhesive tape or with garters.
- Then, drill a small hole on the handle of the fork.
- Take the fork and bend the fork upwards with the pliers. Do so from the center of it.
- You can also bend some of the fork’s teeth to make a funky design to your choice.
- Finally, nail the fork into the board, using the hole you previously drilled.
- You can also nail the forks directly to the wall.
Read also: Homemade Keychains – Recycling Ideas
A Rustic Coat Rack
What you’ll need
- Coat hooks (available at hardware stores)
- Nails and a hammer
- First, cut several rectangular pieces of wood.
- Then paint them to your liking.
- Arrange them to your liking and nail them in place.
- Then, in the part below, nail or screw the hangers along with the board.
- Finally, you can nail the coat rack directly to the wall by opening holes in the upper corners or you can nail hooks on the back.
Have you ever tried to make a rack for your hats? As you can see, they’re very easy to make and you can use any materials you may have at home!