Some meals are classics that can be eaten during any time of the day and are absolutely enjoyable for anyone. The Monte Cristo sandwich is one of these classic examples!
Don’t worry if you’re feeling a little confused right now. Sandwiches are eaten all around the world. People eat them for several reasons, but the truth remains that people eat them due to their convenience and nutritional value.
Often people don’t have enough time for everything they want to do and just want to have a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Moments like theses is when people would resort to fast food, snacks, or sweets, etc.
As a result, they forget something really important: the quality of their diet. Continue reading this article to learn how to make this really simple and delicious Monte Cristo sandwich recipe. It is a complete mixture of speed, flavor, and pleasure to your taste buds.
Most likely you are wandering where does the name of this sandwich come from? The first Monte Cristo sandwich was made in the United States in Los Angeles and it was based on a similar French recipe.
So, after learning a little about its name and origin, now it’s time for you to learn about its ingredients. In order to do so, you will have to march straight into the kitchen and make yourself one.
The Monte Cristo sandwich is made up of the following: ham or turkey, and Swiss cheese. Read on to find out how to make this quick and tasty sandwich that’s perfect to eat at home on Sundays.
This is the perfect moment for you to change your boring routine and learn how to make some of the best recipes. There’s nothing complicated about them and you can customize them however you’d like.
How to Make a Monte Cristo Sandwich
Remember, this is all about trying new and delicious recipes. We hope you’re able to try something new and not be influenced by any myths. It’s surely best to try a little bit of everything than eating the same thing all the time.
The bread slices that are soak in beaten eggs really make this sandwich really stand out. Once you add them to a hot pan, they’ll toast a little and get crispy. This classic contrast is typical for this kind of sandwich.
However, there is another addition that we’d like to mention. Once you’ve made this sandwich and you’re sitting at the table, or on the sofa, about to bring it to your mouth, go to the kitchen and spread a little strawberry jam over it. Believe us, you’ll be really glad you did.
- 3 tablespoons of butter (60 g)
- ½ cup of milk (125 ml)
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 8 slices of white bread
- 8 slices of ham
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam (optional) (40 g)
- Place all the slices of bread on a large plate. This will be enough to make 4 sandwiches in total.
- On 4 of the slices of bread, place a slice of cheese and a slice of ham.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl with the milk.
- Then, take the remaining slices of bread and submerge them in the beaten eggs.
- Take a large non-stick pan and place it on the heat. Add the butter and move it around as it melts to grease the pan.
- Once the butter is sizzling, add the sandwiches and cook them on each side for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, once they have a golden color, remove them from the pan and let them cool for a few seconds.
- Cut them in half and let the Swiss cheese spill out a little. Sprinkle a little sugar on top and, if you like, spread a little jam.