How to Make a Delicious Homemade Eggnog
Have you ever tried homemade eggnog? It’s simply a delight and sublime on your palate. The best part? It’s very, very easy to make and perfect to surprise your guests.
Eggnog is a typical Venezuelan drink that’s usually made for Christmas. Its sweet and creamy flavor usually conquers the hearts of anyone who tries it.
Since it’s a traditional recipe that’s passed down from generation to generation, it’s possible to find as many variations as there are families. Read on for our recommendations.
Easy homemade eggnog
To make this recipe you’ll need just a few ingredients and a blender. Believe it or not, in just 10 minutes your delicious homemade eggnog will be ready. Of course, we recommend you put it in the fridge because it’s even better when it’s cold!
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup of white or spiced rum (you can adjust the amount of alcohol to taste)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- First, separate the egg yolks from the whites. To do this, you can break the egg against the edge of a bowl and let it drain. Another option is to use the two pieces of shell. To do this, pass the yolk from one part of the shell to the other, letting the white to drip out. Save the 5 yolks.
- Then, put the yolks in the blender and blend for three minutes. This adds air to the egg to fluff it up.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, condensed milk, and rum.
- Blend for 5 minutes.
- Put the homemade eggnog in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Serve in a glass with ice.
Homemade cream punch with sugar
You make this version of the classic Venezuelan eggnog with custard cream, and with sugar. If you like full-bodied eggnog, this is the best option!
Ingredients for the custard cream
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Ingredients for homemade eggnog
- Custard cream
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 cup of white or spiced rum
Easy preparation of the custard cream
- First, put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Once blended, place in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. It’s important that you stir with a wooden spoon to avoid sticking.
- When it starts to boil, let it cook for a minute and then remove from the heat.
- Then, let cool to room temperature.
- Put in the fridge for at least two hours.
Step-by-step instructions for the eggnog
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and beat for two minutes.
- Add the pastry cream and beat again.
- Serve with ice and enjoy!
You might be interested in: Delicious Punches to Enjoy on Christmas Eve
Lemon cream eggnog
If you prefer to use the whole egg, this is your recipe. In this case, you’ll separate the yolks and whites, but you’ll use both parts for the recipe. The result? A very creamy homemade eggnog with a light touch of citrus from the lemon.
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 2 eggs and 2 yolks
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 liter of white or spiced rum
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- Lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- First, separate the egg yolks from the whites. For this recipe you’ll need 4 yolks and 2 whites.
- Next, whip the egg whites until stiff.
- Then, add the yolks in the blender and blend. Add the whites and blend again.
- Add the milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract and beat again.
- After that, add the lemon zest and nutmeg.
- Finally, add the rum. We recommend adding it little by little and testing to prepare the eggnog to your liking.
- Chill in the fridge and serve with ice.
- The amount of alcohol depends on your tastes. We advise you to gradually add the rum and test it until you get just the right amount.
- The rum can be white or spiced, both work great in any of the recipes.
- Homemade eggnog is much better cold, so don’t rush the process. Leave it in the fridge for at least an hour.
We hope that you’ll find these delicious homemade eggnog recipes useful and that you dazzle all your guests at the next Christmas gathering or any time of the year!It might interest you...