How to Make a Decorative Candle With Lavender Flowers
Learning how to make a decorative candle with lavender flowers is very simple. These candles give special spaces and moments an intimate touch!
Making your own decorative candle with lavender flowers doesn’t require too much work and allows you to let your creativity loose. These candles are a great idea to aromatize bedrooms, the bathroom, or even to have on the table during a celebration.
In this article, we show you two different options. These are two simple ideas that you can make by using things you already have at home. However, if you don’t have them, they won’t too expensive to buy.
What is lavender?
Before we get started on how you can make your own decorative candles with lavender, we want to tell you a bit about this plant. Typical of Mediterranean countryside, it stands out for its purple color and its spikey shape. There are around 30 varieties, but the most commonly found are Lavandula Officinalis and Lavandula Angustifolia.
Its pleasant aroma has different properties that many people enjoy in aromatherapy. In fact, several studies highlight its relaxing action.
Many people use lavender essential oil in alternative stress treatments. This effect is due to the presence of terpenic alcohols, like geraniol or linalool.
How to make a decorative candle with lavender flowers
So, you want to aromatize and spruce up your space with a beautiful lavender decorative candle?
Below, we’ll show you different options that use almost the same materials. The only additional ingredients you need are manual skills and a bit of imagination!
List of materials
- Thin satin bow
- Thin cord
- Wide satin bow
- Green cooking thread
- Silicone gun
- Empty glass jars (new or recycled in whatever size you prefer)
- Lavender flowers
- Candles that fit into the empty glass jars
The first way you can make a decorative candle with lavender flowers
For the first way of making a decorative candle with lavender flowers you need to follow these steps; they seem easy, but it’ll be worth it in the end.
The instructions are as follows:
- Cut a piece of wire big enough to wrap around the neck of the jar. The idea here is that you create a “little pair of ears” at each end. You can also make a spiral shape.
- Measure the diameter of the jar and cut a piece of satin wide enough for it. Join the ends with a little silicone. Remember to use the gun to avoid burning yourself; it also will allow you to have better control of the material.
- With the lavender flowers, make a little bouquet and tie it together with the green cooking thread. Make sure you have enough to put it in the center of the jar. Glue it right in the middle, where you can later put a piece of satin to hide it.
- Glue the thin satin bow to the bouquet of lavender flowers. All you need to do now is put the candle inside and light it when you want. Once the heat activates the lavender, you’ll be able to enjoy the scent!
- Put your candle(s) wherever you want, but keep children and pets in mind. If you have a special event at home, you can make several candles to put on your table as a centerpiece.
You may also be interested in: This Lavender Lemonade May Help Calm Headaches
The second way you can make a decorative candle with lavender flowers
Now, let’s take a look at the second way you can make a beautiful decorative candle with lavender flowers and your own hands:
- Measure your glass jar. Remember that this can be a recycled jar: coffee containers, jam jars, or a glass. For this method, you need to cut the lavender flowers, ensuring that they cover the bottom of the jar and stick out of the top a little.
- Once you have cut enough flowers to cover the jar, you can start sticking them one by one with silicone. The mass should be as thick as possible.
- Now, cut a piece of the thin cord and wrap it around the jar several times. Seal it with a bow. You can also fix it with some silicone so that it doesn’t fall.
- You just need to put the candle inside and light it whenever you want!
Did you like making these decorative candles with lavender flowers?
If you liked this article on how you can make your own decorative candle with lavender flowers, what are you waiting for?
Of course, you’ll need to use your own imagination too. You can combine these methods or add any other elements that you like. Give it a go!