How to Make a Creamy Avocado Sauce
Avocado has become one of the most popular foods around the world. Due to its nutritional properties, many people don’t think twice about including it in their regular diet. Do you want to learn how to make a creamy avocado sauce for your salads?
If so, you’re in luck. Don’t miss this recipe!
Creamy avocado sauce for your salads: fast and healthy
This is a low-calorie recipe that you can use to replace the other dressings in your diet. Unlike commercial sauces, it doesn’t contain chemical additives. Instead, it consists of several healthy ingredients.
Also, avocado has unique characteristics. For example, while most fruits are mainly composed of carbohydrates, avocadoes are rich in healthy fats. Also, they contain essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients.
Creamy avocado sauce recipe
To prepare this creamy avocado sauce, we recommend buying a very ripe avocado. This will ensure that you’ll get the desired texture. On the other hand, we recommend using extra virgin olive oil, which is healthier. If you don’t have it on hand, you can use sunflower oil.
While you can find products with these characteristics on the market, it’s always best to make natural versions. This way, you’re sure that it contains 100% natural ingredients while you save money at the same time.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Cumin (7 g)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon with its peel
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- Water (60 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- First, take your lemon and remove the peel. Set it aside so you can use it later to add a citrus scent to this recipe.
- Then, squeeze the lemon and get as much juice as you can.
- After that, cut the avocado in half, take out the pit, and remove all the pulp with the help of a spoon.
- Peel the garlic clove and crush it. Also, if you’re using whole cumin, grind it.
- Then, put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend for a few minutes, until you get a smooth sauce.
- If you don’t have a blender, use a mortar. Note that, in this case, you’ll have to make a greater effort to get the desired texture.
Once you’re done, you can add it to your salads as a dressing. It’s delicious!
Spicy creamy avocado sauce recipe
Do you like spicy sauces? Well, then you’ll really like this version of creamy avocado sauce. Not only will it give your salads a special touch but you can use it to add flavor to sandwiches, pastries, dips, meats, and many other foods.
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- The juice of three small lemons
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapeños, serrano peppers, or bell peppers (whichever you want)
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of olive oil or avocado oil (62.5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin (7 g)
- Salt to taste
- First, cut the ripe avocados in half and deseed them.
- Then, using a spoon, remove the pulp.
- After that, take all the ingredients to the blender and blend for a while, until you get a creamy sauce.
- Once ready, use it immediately or store it in the fridge.
Tip: If you’re not going to use the sauce right away, put an avocado seed inside it. This way, you’ll make sure that it doesn’t turn into an unpleasant color.
Make sure you read: 5 Energizing Smoothies with Avocado
A creamy avocado sauce is a good addition to your salads, as long as you use healthy ingredients. In this regard, it’s essential to avoid mistakes in their preparation that can affect the quality.
Some of the most common salad mistakes are:
- Using unhealthy vegetable oils, such as soybean or palm oil. The main recommendation is to use extra virgin olive oil. If you don’t have any at home, replace it with sunflower oil.
- Adding too much oil. Avocado, the main ingredient of this sauce, is rich in fatty acids. Therefore, it isn’t necessary to add too much oil to get the expected result.
- Adding too much salt. While you can incorporate everyone’s taste, it’s best to avoid excesses. Remember that excessive salt intake is related to cardiovascular health problems, such as hypertension.
- Using processed condiments. Many commercial condiments contain added flour and other components. It’s best to opt for natural versions, without artificial preservatives.
Are you going to try these two versions of creamy avocado sauce? Don’t hesitate to add it to your favorite salads! You can also add it to your sandwiches, toast, bread, or any other breakfast or snack preparation.It might interest you...