3 Anti-inflammatory Creams that Help Calm Muscle Pain
These natural creams may be helpful to calm muscle pain. Try them out if you want something different from the usual strong painkillers.
Muscle pains are a common annoyance that generally appear as an inflammatory reaction caused by excessive physical activity or an injury. Their appearance is also associated with the disabilities or just the effects of ageing. In some cases, they are the product of continuous exposure to stress. Once you get these unwanted sensations, all you want to do is find the best way to calm muscle pain.
These pains may be of varying severity, which can be exacerbated by the treatment you use to calm muscle pain.
It’s no doubt that rest is one of the best ways to recover. However muscle pains sometimes require other therapeutic methods. At the very least, complementing rest with other treatments can accelerate your recovery.
In addition to anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers, there are natural products whose application may help you calm muscle pain.
Learn about them now and don’t hesitate to try them out!
1. Clay and natural oil cream to calm muscle pain
The relaxing properties of clay combined with the anti-inflammatory powers of marigold and lavender oil provide a unique way to treat pain and stiffness in the muscles.
These ingredients may help promote blood circulation. Increasing cellular oxygenation encourages muscles to relax.
- 3 tablespoons of white clay (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of marigold oil (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of lavender oil (30 g)
- Add all of the ingredients to a container and mix them until you have a creamy paste.
How to apply
- Rub the anti-inflammatory creams over the sore muscles and massage the area for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let the cream sit for 15 minutes and then rinse.
- Repeat this up to twice a day.
2. Beeswax, coconut oil, and arnica cream
The relaxing power of this natural cream is excellent for reducing muscle pain caused by physical exercise or a blow.
Its anti-inflammatory properties relax the affected zone. By improving circulation, they also help to accelerate its relief.
Among its ingredients, we want to highlight arnica. This plant is known for its positive effects in relaxing the muscles and joints.
What’s at work here is an effect similar to those of painkillers, which makes it ideal for reducing the severity of pain.
- 3 tablespoons of bee wax (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of arnica oil (30 g)
- First, add the beeswax to a heat resistant container and cook it.
- When it is melted, turn down the heat and add the coconut oil and the arnica.
- Stir well and let it sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Once it has a creamy consistency, use it.
How to apply
- Use the amount of cream that you feel is necessary and rub it over the muscles that you want to treat.
- Let it sit without rinsing and repeat use twice a day.
3. Coconut oil, cayenne pepper, and arnica cream
Another way to take advantage of the qualities of arnica is by preparing this anti-inflammatory cream with coconut oil and cayenne pepper.
The result is a relaxing and anti-inflammatory product. When massaged onto the affected area, it may reduce stiffness.
The cayenne pepper helps to create a nice, warm sensation at the affected area. This, in turn stimulates blood circulation.
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (5 g)
- 3 tablespoons of dried arnica flowers (30 g)
- Pour the coconut oil into a heat-resistant container and let it melt over a double burner or in the microwave.
- Let it melt completely, then add the cayenne pepper and the arnica flowers.
- Stir with a wooden utensil and heat for at least 2 minutes.
- Wait 2 minutes, then let the cream sit until it is room temperature and until it has the right consistency.
How to apply
- Try out a small amount of the product on an area of your skin. You should do this so as to make sure that you don’t have an allergic reaction to the peppers.
- If you have no issues with allergies, then rub the cream over the sore muscles and massage it slowly for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the treated zones with warm water and repeat the application whenever you feel it necessary.
Are you ready to make them? If you’re frequently bothered by muscle pain, prepare one of the creams that we mentioned and get the benefits of this alternative treatment.
You should usually also complement the use of these creams with relaxing and soothing exercises.