How to Get Long and Abundant Eyelashes
Excessive use of mascara and curlers on lashes leads them to weaken and fall off. So, in order to promote thick and abundant lashes, you must provide good daily care.
Some say that the eyes are the window of the soul. For women, a charming look framed by abundant eyelashes is definitely a part of a common beauty routine.
There are many products out there for this purpose: dyes, extensions, mascaras, curlers, procedures and many other things that pretend to be allies for abundant eyelashes. However, many of these are in fact enemies of abundant eyelashes.
With this in mind, today we’d like to give you some easy and economical pro-abundant eyelashes tips and recommendations. Furthermore, we’ll show you some ways in which your eyelashes will look so beautiful by enhancing their natural look.
Get your paper and pencil and be ready for a striking new eye look in just a few weeks!
How to Promote Abundant Eyelashes
Brush Them Every Day
Make it a habit to brush your eyelashes daily, as this stimulates growth. Moreover, it improves blood circulation and, consequently, your eyelashes will grow.
Of course, you must be disciplined and dedicated with this, because you won’t just have abundant eyelashes from doing this just once.
To start this new routine, you’ll just need an eyelash brush. Don’t worry about finding a top-of-the-line, expensive one in a beauty shop. In fact, the brush of a mascara that you no longer use will work just fine. Mascara brushes are perfect for your eyelashes.
However, do remove the mascara with soap and water before you use it and it’ll be as good as new. Also, remember to do so on clean lashes that are free of mascara, as you might damage them otherwise.
Repeat this procedure every night.
Read this article: 6 Vegetable Oils for Beautiful Eyelashes
Apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra virgin olive oil has many beauty benefits. After all, just a few drops will make your hair brighter and healthier. As if that wasn’t enough, did you know that it also promotes the growth of eyelashes?
The reason for it is simple, extra virgin olive oil helps clean the hair follicles of the eyelashes. And so, they’ll grow more easily and abundantly. In addition, the oil strengthens them and decreases their possibility of breaking and falling.
You can apply it with your clean fingers, or with a little bit of cotton, or – even better – with a clean brush. One drop should be enough, but use more if you need to.
Subsequently, rub or brush your lashes from the root of the eyelashes to the tip. Do so carefully, the oil shouldn’t get inside your delicate eyes.
Repeat the procedure every night.
In the same fashion, chamomile is a plant that brings multiple benefits to our body. It can relieve pain or inflammation and, at a cosmetic level, even strengthen your hair.
To enjoy the benefits of this beautiful flower, you only need to apply chamomile tea in the area of eyelid and eyelashes. For optimal benefits, stay away from prepackaged tea bags and make the infusion with a fresh bundle if you can find it in your local market.
Turn this into a daily habit and you’ll see results in a short amount of time.
Eat Foods Rich in Keratin
Of course, what you eat translates to your skin. Thus, the healthier you eat, the healthier your eyelashes.
Keratin, a fibrous structural protein, is part of the upper layer of the skin and provides nutrients to your skin. These benefit your hair and nails and, obviously, your lashes.
Increase your consumption of foods that either contain or promote the production of keratin. The best foods for this purpose are:
- Foods that are high in sulfur, such as meat, eggs and beans, onions, kale, asparagus, and Brussels sprouts.
- Foods that are rich in protein. These include red meat, fish, chicken, pork, eggs, milk, and yogurt, as well as beans, nuts, and quinoa grains.
- Biotin-rich foods like nuts, beans, whole grains, cauliflower, fungi, cooked egg yolks. However, keep in mind that this substance is water-soluble, and could be lost in boiling or other cooking methods that put it in direct contact with water.
- Vitamin A. Good dietary sources of Vitamin A are orange-colored fruits/vegetables such as mamey, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, raw carrots, cantaloupe, peaches, and also, cooked spinach, kale, and collards. Note that this vitamin is also fat-soluble, so it can only be absorbed when eaten with other fats.
Vitamin E, Coconut Oil and Almond Oil Remedy
In order to nourish your eyelashes and promote abundant grow you can also use certain natural blends. The one we’re about to present here is made from vitamin E, coconut and almond oil.
- 3 soft capsules of vitamin E
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of almond oil
- First, in a container, add the contents of three soft capsules of vitamin E, one tablespoon of coconut oil and one of almond oil.
- Second, mix it well and apply it to your eyelids and eyelashes.
- Then, repeat this procedure daily or at least four times a week.
- Finally, avoid contact with the interior of your eyes and try not to rub the area very hard.
The use of the preparation will help you to have abundant and strong eyelashes in a short period of time.
How to Prevent Brittle Lashes
- First, don’t sleep with makeup on, especially if you have mascara.
- Also, don’t abuse or overuse mascara, every part of your body needs to be able to breathe free.
- When you remove your makeup or wash your face, don’t rub your eyes too hard.
- Next, avoid the use of eyelash curler. These weaken and break eyelashes.
- Finally, avoid excess consumption of saturated fats, as these affect the growth of eyelashes.
By following these simple recommendations, you’ll notice a change in just a few weeks. Thus, the use of mascara and extensions, and a lot of extra money won’t be necessary, reserve them for special occasions. The best look for your eyelashes is a natural one that’s free of products that weaken and damage them.