How to Clean Your Windows Better
All homes are different, and all people have different personalities and specific tastes. Therefore, many houses have several different decorations and styles.
Some homes may have glass walls, glass bricks, or large windows that are complicated to keep clean. Although you most likely have noticed it, many times there can be bacteria or mold on these surfaces. Cleaning the home is very important, that’s why every nook and cranny must be taken care of.
If you don’t already know how to clean your windows, don’t worry about it, because this article provides some of the best tips to have a sparkling home.
How to clean your windows?
To achieve perfection in terms of cleanliness, you must be methodical and learn techniques that work best for you.
Before you start, you can make your own kit for window washing. For this you’ll need:
- A microfiber cloth
- A spray bottle
- Some dish soap
Once you have the supplies above, you can get down to work.
Clean glass walls
Perhaps you have walls or glass bricks that are translucent in order to let in light in the home. These are elegant and give a unique look to the inside and outside of your house. They pick up a lot of dust and dirt so you can’t just stop cleaning them. Therefore, they need the same treatment as regular windows do.
Follow these tips to have them perfectly cleaned:
- Clean each surface individually.
- Use a cloth that has been moistened with water and a little bit of ammonia.
- The ammonia will help eliminate grease and dirt in a single wipe; it also gives the window a nice shine.
- If your walls have decorations on them and it makes them hard to wipe clean, you can use a toothbrush to clean the corners. Wet it first with water and ammonia to keep it shiny.
- To clean the joints between glass blocks and keep them looking white, rub with a soapy toothbrush to restore the original color.
- If it has started to darken, apply a little bleach to the areas that need it.
- For a better finish, clean the joints first and then the glass surfaces. This will take less time and look perfect.
Read this article too: 6 Tricks for Clean Windows
Tips for cleaning glass surfaces
There are many cleaning products that promise to leave your home looking perfect. Many people have allergies to these chemicals, and some can harm your skin.
- Don’t use soap powder to clean any glass surfaces because it can be very abrasive.
- Clean glass carefully because it is delicate and can easily be scratched.
- Once the surface is clean, dry it using a clean, lint-free cloth.
- You can use a mixture made with water, vinegar, and lemon juice to clean the tiles in your bathroom. The damp areas in the home are more prone to have mold and fungus.
- It’s best to clean in a circular motion to make sure the entire surface is covered.
It’s better to wash any cleaning rags separately from your clothing. You should also avoid using laundry softener. Softener can cause them not to dry well the next time you use them. Either machine wash them with a neutral detergent and no softener, or hand wash them in warm water and vinegar.
As you’ve seen, every aspect of your home has certain tricks and tips when it comes to cleaning. Now you know how to leave any glass surfaces looking perfect and brand new.