More and more people suffer from colon problems. Naturally, this is often due to the food we eat. Since the colon is one of the areas of the large intestine, food waste passes through this area.
The role of the colon
The colon has a simple function. It lies at the end of the large intestine, and it’s the last passage waste goes through before being expelled from your body. However, the problem lies in our dietary habits and lifestyle.
Why is this? We weaken and make our colon work harder day after day. This results in the colon not being able to do it’s only and important job. This can make us suffer from sicknesses and diseases.
Waste and toxins accumulate on the colon walls. This causes all kinds of problems including constipation, indigestion, joint pain, and even headaches.
Chronic cases can even result in severe diseases of the kidneys and liver.
To maintain a healthy colon, we need to take a look at what we eat. First and foremost, our diets should be full of fiber.
It is also wise to take advantage of a cleansing diet several times per year to get rid of accumulated waste in your intestines.
We recommend that you do this during the weekend, a holiday, or a day off. The important thing is to do it when you are at home.
Eat apples to clean your colon
Cleaning or detoxifying your colon can be an annoying process. This is because it includes using the restroom several times during the day.
However, the good news is that if your colon is clean and healthy, you will feel better. You will also avoid some uncomfortable sicknesses and diseases.
During the colon cleansing process, you need to drink a lot of water. This keeps you hydrated and helps with the expulsion of waste. We recommend that you drink between 6 to 8 glasses or about half a gallon of water during the day.
If you want, start the day with a glass of lukewarm water with a few drops of lemon juice. This will jump start your metabolism.
Apples are one of the best colon cleaners there are.
Because of this, we recommend that you include large amounts of apples in your diet for three days. Be sure to use different recipes so you don’t get bored.
Apples are perfect for removing toxins. They do so with or without skin, whole or juiced. Here’s what you should do:
- After drinking the water with lemon, the next thing you should do is drink a glass of freshly squeezed apple juice.
- Then drink a glass of water.
- Repeat this process throughout the day. At the end, you should have finished four glasses of apple juice and four glasses of water.
Bowel movements start to take place thanks to the pectin found in apples. This component breaks up toxins and speeds up their removal.
You can go on this diet any weekend as a start for a cleansing diet. However, you will have to do it for 72 hours.
Here are the steps:
- Eat all the apples you want. They should be raw and without anything else added.
- Take a tablespoon of olive oil when you get up and another when you go to bed.
- Drink at least ¾ of a gallon of water throughout the day.
- Don’t eat anything else during those three days. When you finish the diet, you can start adding light foods back into your diet. It’s best if they have a good amount of fiber, too. This includes soups, raw fruits and vegetables, etc.
- Don’t forget to drink a lot of water every day!
Since this is such a strong treatment, you should only do it three or four times per year. This means every three to four months.
Clean your colon with salt
This is another of the treatments that you can use to clean your intestine. You should know that this is a treatment that is not recommended for people who suffer from high blood pressure. It’s also not a good idea if you suffer from renal problems.
This cleanse happens over the course of one day, during which you should stay at home and not do anything strenuous or make sudden movements.
Here are the steps:
- When you get up, boil a coup of water and add a tablespoon of sea salt. Let it cool so you don’t burn yourself. Drink it slowly.
- If you get a headache or feel nauseous, that’s normal.
- If you need to, lay down and massage your stomach gently.
Rest for a few minutes, or perhaps even an hour on your couch or bed. You can read or watch TV until you feel the need to use the restroom. Repeat this process several times throughout the day.
During the day, you should only eat light foods: vegetable soup, natural juices, and herbal teas. Don’t eat fries, meat, flours, or sugars.
Drink the salt water mixture again at noon and again in the evening. Try to stay at home the whole weekend, because you will need to use the restroom often.
These two cleanses will help to keep your colon clean and healthy. Remember, however, that it’s always important to drink plenty of water and eat a diet rich in fiber.