Skin care is an issue that concerns a lot of people. The deterioration of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles is a cosmetic problem is increasingly become important nowadays.
This is why anti-wrinkle creams are becoming super popular. They help slow down skin aging and help keep it healthy. Anti-wrinkle creams are intended to delay skin deterioration. However, it’s convenient to start taking care of your skin as soon as possible and not wait for wrinkles to appear. This way, you’ll keep the skin looking healthy, smooth, and young.
How do anti-wrinkle creams work?
The main functions of anti-wrinkle creams are:
- Skin hydration. These types of creams moisturize and aid skin regeneration, which slows down the skin’s premature aging. This way, it improves the skin’s appearance.
- Skin repair. Anti-wrinkle creams revitalize the skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and increase elasticity.
They do this thanks to their high collagen concentration, which makes the tissue firm and helps keep the skin smooth and soft.
- Wrinkle removal. This action is due to the collagen mentioned above, which also helps eliminate expression lines and prevents skin atrophy.
- Exfoliant action. Anti-wrinkle creams help remove dead skin cells, makes the skin glow, and improves skin texture.
Read this article too: What Face Wrinkles Mean and How to Prevent Them
What are the main components of anti-wrinkle creams?
The skin’s protection, just like proper hydration and exfoliation, are some of the fundamental pillars to making it look smooth and healthy. To properly choose the anti-wrinkle cream that you need, you must consider its ingredients.
It’s important not to wait for wrinkles to appear and try to care for your skin from youth.
Exposure to external agents, such as the sun or low temperatures, along with some harmful habits such as smoking or drinking alcohol, can alter the skin’s structure and accelerate its oxidation and aging.
Two of the substances that are usually in anti-wrinkle creams are collagen and elastin. Collagen helps strengthen the skin by firming it up.
Other ingredients that are often used in anti-wrinkle creams are:
- Antioxidants that slow down cellular aging
- Different types of vitamins
- Hyaluronic acid
- Photo-protective substances
- Hydroxy acids (exfoliant agents)
- There are also anti-wrinkle creams that have stem cells, which promote cell renewal.
Check out this article: How to Reduce Wrinkles with Rose Water
Choosing one anti-wrinkle cream or another will depend on your skin type?
A vital factor in choosing an anti-wrinkle cream is the individual’s skin type.
- If you have dry skin, you should choose a sumptuous cream that will keep it well hydrated.
- On the other hand, if you have oily skin, you should choose a gel-like cream.
Apply your anti-wrinkle cream on a daily basis to get the most out of it. In addition, you should watch what you eat and have good habits.
Don’t expect immediate results because the skin needs time to replenish itself. Because you’ll notice renewed skin after a few months of using anti-wrinkle creams.