Homemade Tartar and Garlic Sauces Recipes
When you make these homemade tartar and garlic sauces, you should eat them soon after making them. Since they don't contain preservatives, they won't last as long as commercial ones.
Sauces and dressings are the best way to save yourself when you have unexpected guests and you’re not sure what to make for them. That’s why we’d like to show you how to make delicious, homemade tartar and garlic sauces that will go great with your snacks and appetizers.
They don’t take long to make and they’re very simple. Learn how to make them step-by-step below.
Sauces and Dressings
If you go to the supermarket, you’ll see a lot of different sauces and dressings. However, these are usually full of sugars and dyes that can be harmful to your body. That’s why it’s much better to make them yourself. By doing this, you’ll be able to control the quantity of the ingredients that you use.
In addition, they will help you to flavor and, in some cases, color your foods. Plus, the best part, is that you can replace certain ingredients like mayonnaise or vegetable oils that have extra calories. You can do all of this just by making these homemade tartar and garlic sauces.
The Health Properties of Homemade Sauces
Garlic is a highly recommended food because of its health and nutritional benefits. For example, it helps to prevent various diseases.
Among the benefits it provides your body with are the fact that it:
- Improves digestion.
- Optimizes the functions of the pancreas and the liver.
- Natural antibiotic.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Promotes healing.
Garlic is also rich in minerals such as magnesium and selenium, as well as vitamins A, B and C. Additionally, it works as a powerful decongestant and reduces bad cholesterol levels (LDL) in the blood.
You can also enjoy the benefits from the ingredients in the tartar sauce, such as onions, parsley and cucumber. Keep in mind that it will only take about 20 minutes to make these delicious tartar and garlic sauces in the comfort of your own home.
Plus, it only requires a few simple steps.
Recipes for Homemade Tartar and Garlic Sauces
1. Garlic Sauce
The best way to accompany your hot foods is with a garlic dressing or sauce. This homemade recipe softens the taste of garlic thanks to the combination of the other ingredients.
When making this recipe at home, you can vary the proportions and control the amount of calories it contains. You can make it with or without mayonnaise and, besides being an excellent appetizer, you can also use it to accompany meats, vegetables and fish.
If you follow our recipe exactly and you store it correctly, it can last for about three days in your fridge.
- 8 large garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of oil (60 ml)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon ground chili (8 g)
- The juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt (8 g)
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper (8 g)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (5 ml)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (60 ml)
- The first thing you should do is peel and crush the garlic cloves in a mortar.
- Then, put the crushed garlic and the lemon juice in a blender. You should add the ingredients as you’re blending.
- Then, add the mayonnaise, egg and seasonings.
- Next, pour in the oil. You will have to do this little by little so you can get the right texture.
- Finally, serve in a sauce boat accompanied by bread, crackers or celery.
2. Tartar Sauce
This type of sauce goes perfectly with fish or meats like chicken and pork. It’s a bit more creamy than the garlic sauce, and it’s also delicious and easy to make.
You’ll just need to use vegetables like onions and parsley. This first is rich in B vitamins, potassium, magnesium and contains antioxidants that protect us from free radicals. The second contains large amounts of vitamin C and beta-carotene that strengthens the immune system.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (250 ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar (8 ml)
- 1/2 tablespoon of capers (8 g)
- 1 gherkin
- 1 tablespoon of parsley (15 g)
- 1/2 onion
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of mustard (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
Read this article: How To Make Vegan Mayonnaise
Tartar and Garlic Sauce Preparation
- To start, cut the onion, the gherkin, the capers and the parsley well.
- Then, in a medium-sized bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the previously named ingredients. Mix until you get a smooth mixture (you can also use a blender).
- Then, add the lemon juice, salt and a spoonful of mustard. Beat well so that all the ingredients are mixed correctly.
- Finally, serve in a sauce boat accompanied by chicken wings, potatoes, pork, grilled fish or even some vegetables, like carrots.
We hope you enjoy these homemade tartar and garlic sauces!