Homemade Remedies for Dark Circles
Their effects in eliminating dark circles under your eyes may not be as fast as other products, but these natural remedies are safer and equally effective.
Dark circles that form around their eyes affect the appearance of a large number of men and women around the world. .
Also known as bags, they are a condition in which melanin is produced in excessive quantities. Also, the capillaries under the surface of the skin dilate.
The majority of cases are due to hereditary conditions, but it can also be produced by a lack of sleep, smoking cigarettes, or pollution, among other things.
Generally, bags under the eyes are accompanied by an inflammation in the eyelids. However, not all cases take the same form.
The good news is that there are many cosmetic products that can minimize their appearance. This gives you a face that appears more fresh and young.
Among the options we find are home remedies. Thanks to the properties of some ingredients, home remedies diminish the size of bags or dark circles under the eyes. And they do this without exposing our skin to harsh chemicals.
Are you interested in trying them?
Green tea bags
Green tea has a high content of antioxidant substances and tannins. This makes it a good solution to reduce the size of bags under your eyes.
It diminishes the inflammation. Green tea also increases your circulation to get rid of imperfections.
- 2 bags of green tea
- 1 cup (250 ml) of hot water
- Put the bags of tea in the hot water and let them steep for 10 minutes.
- Put them in the refrigerator. When they are cool, put them over your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment every day to get rid of the bags under your eyes.
Rose water is a natural tonic that deeply hydrates your skin. It does all this while getting rid of those annoying dark circles that give you a tired look.
It contains antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. These compounds strengthen your cells to decrease inflammation and regenerate your tissues.
- 6 rose petals
- ½ a cup (125 ml) of water
- Cut the rose petals and put them to steep in the half cup of water for 40 minutes.
- Keep the water on low heat and add more water if necessary.
- After 40 minutes, remove the water from the heat and let it rest.
- Apply with a cotton ball.
- Repeat the treatment every morning and night.
The flesh of tomatoes contains an antioxidant called lycopene. Its action reduces bags under your eyes. It also promotes the reduction of inflammation.
- 1 tomato
- ½ a teaspoon (2 ml) of fresh lemon juice
- a pinch of turmeric
- Grind a mature tomato and mix with the lemon juice and turmeric until you get a paste.
- Spread the product over the area around your eyes and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and finish with using a hydrating cream.
- Only use it at night to reduce sensitivity to the sun.
Crushed mint leaves have the power to calm tired eyes. They can also diminish the blackened look around your eyes.
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- Crush the handful of fresh mint and mix it with the lemon juice.
- Rub the product on the affected areas and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Repeat the process every day until you get good results.
Lactic acid contained in milk is a substance that softens and hydrates skin. This gives you a refreshed appearance.
Its application on bags under your eyes calms the inflammation. It also diminishes the black coloration that gives your face an aged appearance.
Added to this, lactic acid brings special proteins, enzymes, and antioxidants that accelerate cellular healing.
- ¼ cup (62 ml) of milk
- 4 ice cubes
- Dump the ice cubes in the milk. Wait for it to freeze. Take a cotton cloth and put the frozen milk over the bags under your eyes.
- Press until it warms up. Repeat two times a day.
Pineapple juice and turmeric
The bromelain in pineapple acts as a natural anti-inflammatory. This means that it minimizes the size of bags under your eyes.
For its part, turmeric contains an active ingredient called curcumin. This compound increases its effect as an anti-inflammatory and a protector.
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) turmeric
- 2 tablespoons (20 ml) pineapple juice
- Prepare a thick paste with the turmeric and the pineapple juice.
- Rub the mask all around your eyes and let it work for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat the application every night.
Choose any of these remedies to reduce the bags under your eyes. You’ll be able to see that you don’t have to spend a fortune on conventional cosmetics.
Also, remember that these products don’t have immediate effects. They require various applications to reduce dark circles.