Homemade Recipe for Delicious Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate truffles are made with cocoa, one of the most important ingredients in the world of confectionery. Today, we’d like to show you a homemade recipe to make this delicious dessert at home and give yourself a treat from time to time. We’ll also show you some variations of the same recipe.
Truffles are sweet, much like regular chocolate bars. To make them, you’ll have to melt chocolate to make ganache, add melted butter, and add sugar, egg yolks and, sometimes, milk cream.
These little chocolate delights are called “truffles” because their texture and size is similar to the body of a delicious fungus of the same name.
Chocolate truffles originated in Belgium. They became quite popular there, so they couldn’t keep them a secret for long before they extended to the rest of the world.
Overall, there are many varieties of chocolate truffles and fillings -from creamy to fruity.
Do you crave truffles but are afraid of all the extra calories? Don’t worry. Here, we’ll include a light recipe so that you can indulge while still minding your figure and your health.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at how to make these lovely chocolate truffles in the comfort of your home.
Delicious Chocolate Truffles
1. Traditional Truffles
Truffles are characterized by their texture and flavor and they’re very easy to prepare. Also, the ingredients that you’ll need aren’t hard to find. In fact, they may already be within your reach.
- 8 oz of good quality dark chocolate (the ingredients should only list cocoa and maybe sugar)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 2/3 c. of heavy cream
- 6 packages of Marie biscuits
- 1 tbsp chocolate sprinkles
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- First, crush the Marie biscuits in the blender. Set aside.
- Then, in a small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate together and blend until you attain a smooth mixture.
- Next, add the heavy cream to the melted chocolate-butter mix. Then, add the crushed cookies. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Afterward, take them out of the fridge, and using small amounts of this mixture, roll the dough into several balls.
- Finally, roll some balls through the grated coconut and others through the chocolate sprinkles.
2. Light Truffles
You may think that when it comes to chocolate it’s impossible to have a dessert that’s not high in calories. However, you’re wrong.
Just follow these steps:
- 8 oz of dark chocolate
- 2 c. unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/2 c. unsalted almonds
- 2 c. rolled oats
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Firstly, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then, blend the almond butter, almonds, oats, and honey in a food processor.
- Next, using small amounts of this mixture roll the dough into several balls.
- Additionally, place the balls on the baking sheet, and let them cool down for about 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Then, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler, or microwave in small periods of time until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Next, cover the truffles with the melted chocolate.
- Finally, freeze for 30 minutes to harden the chocolate. Then, remove and store in your fridge.
3. Chocolate Truffles with Fruit Garnish
Finally, if here’s a recipe that stands out and can be mixed with the best of sweet, citrus fruits. Soon, you’ll see how easily and fast you can achieve this tasty dessert. It only takes about 20 minutes.
- 12 oz of dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 2 c. of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 figs
- 2 ½ c. of blackberries
- 2 tbsp of sherry wine
- ½ c. of cocoa powder
- Truffle molds
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate, together with the confectioner’s sugar, sherry, liquid milk, butter, and egg yolks.
- Stir the mix to blend the ingredients until you attain a creamy, well-mixed consistency.
- Next, turn it off and set it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Then, fill the molds with the chocolate mixture and place them in the fridge to let them harden for about four hours.
- Finally, remove them from the fridge and place them on a plate where you’ll sprinkle the chocolate truffles with cocoa powder and garnish with figs and blackberries.