Check Out these Home Remedies for Acne
Acne isn't a simple problem. There's many factors that come into play and sometimes a doctor's help is needed. Learn how you can improve your skin health!
Acne isn’t a simple problem. There are many factors that come into play (infection-related, circulatory, hormonal, psychological, etc.) and sometimes a doctor’s help is needed. Fortunately, there are always natural remedies that you can try and that can often notably improve your skin.
In this article, we’ll look at the food that can have something to do with its appearance and some highly recommended natural remedies and supplements.
Helpful and harmful foods for acne
Food could be a possible cause of or a factor in acne. You should avoid some harmful foods and add some helpful ones to our diet.
- Milk and milk derivatives
- Hard cheeses
- Trans fats (margarine, processed pastries, etc.)
- Processed foods
- Fresh vegetables in a salad or juiced (celery, onions, carrots, etc.)
- Brewer’s yeast
- Wheat germ
- Avocado (moderately)
- Olive oil
- Flax oil
Drinking lots of water in between meals throughout the day also helps keep your system clean and prevents toxins from coming out in the form of acne.
You can also drink dandelion and burdock tea, two medicinal plants that help the liver and kidneys. This will help keep your skin from breaking out. You should drink two to three cups a day. If you want to sweeten it, use cinnamon.
Natural supplements for acne
Besides brewer’s yeast and wheat germ, which might be considered foods or supplements, we also recommend:
- Sea water: Sea water, which you can pick up at health food stores and even at supermarkets today, provides many minerals that our body needs just the right amount of. You can have a spoonful a day and slowly increase the dosage up to 50 ml, mixing one part sea water in with two and a half parts regular water. It’s an energy booster too.
- Bromelain: This component of pineapple is a great anti-inflammatory. You can take it in pill form to keep acne swelling down naturally.
Home remedies for acne
You can make your own hydrating and therapeutic lotion with these ingredients:
- Jojoba oil: a non-greasy oil
- Tea tree essential oil: With antiseptic and antifungal properties
- Chamomile essential oil: With anti-inflammatory properties.
- Essential palmarosa oil: It’s antiseptic, bactericidal, astringent, healing and stimulates circulation.
Mix 50 ml of jojoba oil with five drops of each of the essential oils and shake well. Apply at night before you go to bed and in the morning when you wake up. If the remedy is too greasy for your skin type, add a bit of aloe vera gel.
In addition, we can also make a simple anti-acne lotion by mixing two handfuls of rosemary in a cup of rubbing alcohol and half a cup of water. Then, combine the ingredients in a glass jar and let stand for a week. Take out the rosemary and voila! Apply every night.
You can combine the lotion with the oil. Apply the lotion first to cleanse and freshen up your skin.
“Hormonal” acne in women
For all those women who suffer from acne and think that it might have to do with their hormones, we recommend a three-month long treatment based on chasteberry, an excellent medicinal plant that regulates hormonal cycles. You can get it in capsules or pills.
Also, for women going through menopause, maca, a tuber from the Andes, might work well with the chasteberry. It’s a great anti-oxidant, it increases sex drive and jump starts your energy level.
Care for your intestines
In fact, our skin also reflects how our intestines are feeling. All the toxins that accumulate in our intestine go directly into our bloodstream and our body tries to flush them out through the skin.
We can keep our intestines clean by a balanced diet and by using an ancient remedy: natural warm water enemas.
Finally, another option is a clay poultice on your stomach. Then, mix red clay and water together until you get a thick paste. Spread it over your stomach area and cover with a cloth or towel that wraps around your entire abdomen and your lower back.
We hope you liked our article, for more information on health and remedies click below!