When you get older, you lose collagen and elastin. Because of this, your skin becomes more flexible and flabby.
If you add some daily habits to this it’s likely that your face will stop looking so young. These habits include smoking, getting sun exposure, and frowning.
In this article, we want to tell you how to reduce wrinkles with home remedies.
Change your habits to reduce your wrinkles
Outside of these remedies, it’s important to improve some of your habits if you want to have firmer, younger skin.
Avoid sun exposure
This doesn’t mean that you can’t have a tan. It just means that you need to be careful to not pass hours outside without protecting your skin. UV rays speed up the aging process.
When you inhale cigarette smoke into your mouth, you use a specific action… And, the skin around your lips wrinkle! If you multiply this by a number of times you repeat this action, it’s easy to understand why these “marks” appear.
Also, the toxic agents added to tobacco prevent a good oxidation of your tissues.
You need to start exfoliating and deeply cleaning your skin. You should do this after you turn 30 years old if you don’t want to have a face full of wrinkles at 50 or 60 years old.
Remember that makeup residue, dust, sweat, and dirt accumulate in your pores. By getting rid of dead skin cells, your skin will be healthier and have fewer wrinkles.
Be sure to get 7 hours of sleep every night. This is because if you don’t, your body will produce more cortisol. This hormone leaves you in a more alert state. And, it also makes your cells decompose.
The lack of sleep is also the cause of bags under eyes. This keeps your skin from recuperating from the damage it suffers during the day.
If you don’t want to have wrinkles in your skin, you need to eat balanced meals. This means giving up fried foods, coffee, sweets, and flours.
Be sure to eat more:
- Oily fish
- Whole cereals and grains
Eating a little chocolate every once in a while can protect you from solar damage.
Home remedies for reducing wrinkles
As a complement for good habits to reduce wrinkles, you can use some home remedies that we’ll elaborate on below.
1. Carrot mask
This rich vegetable has antioxidants that prevent your skin’s aging. You can eat it raw in salads or smoothies, you can also apply it to your face as a mask.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup of water
- Peel the carrots and cut them into rounds.
- Put them in your blender and add the water.
- Blend them until you get a smooth mixture.
- Apply this cream to clean, dry skin with a cotton ball.
- Let it work for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat one or two times per week before going to sleep.
2. Olive oil
This golden liquid has many benefits for your skin. This is because of its essential fat content.
Some women use it as a makeup remover. But, it can also be used to get rid of skin dryness. This isn’t recommended if you have oily skin.
What do you need to do?
- To enjoy its benefits, you only need to soak a cotton ball with olive oil. Then rub it all over your face after a bath or shower. You don’t need to rinse it off.
- you can also use almond oil. This is because it has similar moisturizing and nutritious properties.
3. Milk lotion
Milk has alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) that help you get rid of dead skin cells. At the same time, it stimulates the production of collagen. This gives your skin more elasticity and youth.
What do you need to do?
- If you want to get rid of wrinkles, soak a cotton cloth or ball in a little milk (cold or room temperature) and apply it to your clean face.
- After 10 minutes, you can rinse it off with lukewarm water.
4. Aloe vera
Aloe vera gel has many properties. It naturally makes your skin health better. Not only is it useful for treating wounds or eczema. It also helps to reduce wrinkles.
This is because aloe vera is an excellent regenerative agent.
What do you need to do?
- Every night before going to bed, spread a little aloe gel on your face. You can get this gel by cutting open an aloe leaf. Be careful that you don’t poke yourself. You don’t need to rinse it off.
- Let it work all night long.
5. Damiana tea
They say that damiana (Turnera diffusa) is the “fountain of eternal youth”. Because of this, many women drink teas made with this plant.
However, it can also serve as an external home remedy for reducing your wrinkles.
- When this tea is made, let it cool. Then soak a cotton ball with it and rub it on your face and neck.
6. Egg white mask.
Eggs have many nutrients. Because of this, they’re present in several beauty products. This includes both for your skin and for your hair.
With egg whites, you get a home facelift in a matter of minutes.
You only need to apply it on your face and let it work for 20 minutes. Afterwards, rinse it off with warm water. You’ll see firmer skin immediately.
- To exfoliate, you can combine whipped egg whites with a few oats to make a paste.
- Apply this with circular movements and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and then use your usual cream.