Home Remedies to Eliminate Freckles
When we were little, freckles were cute and age appropriate. However, freckles in adulthood age the face and some can even be dangerous if they change in appearance.
In this article, we’ll show you some natural remedies you can use to eliminate freckles and clarify facial skin without side effects.
Conventional treatments to eliminate freckles
There are a lot of bleaching creams and chemical exfoliants on the market that will clarify the skin and eliminate freckles. However, these types of products are harsh on the skin and can damage it in the long term.
Other methods like lasers or cryotherapy are also popular today. We always recommend consulting with your dermatologist.
We’d like to share a few 100% natural ways you can gradually eliminate freckles.
Freckles and spots are usually an aesthetic problem. However, we need to pay attention if any of them change in size, shape or color, including if they’re painful or uncomfortable to the touch. In these cases, no remedy should be applied, and a dermatologist should be consulted as soon as possible.
Those who are more at risk are those with a lighter complexion and a predisposition to freckling, as well as those that are frequently exposed to solar radiation.
Don’t forget to read: Diminish or Hide Age Spots and Freckles on Hands
The first step is prevention
The best remedy to treat freckles is to avoid the things that cause them:
- Excessive sun exposure: You should always use sunscreen for your skin type, a hat and sunglasses if necessary, and avoid the midday sun if possible.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy: During the months of pregnancy, it’s normal for freckles to appear on the skin due to the excess production of melanin. In some cases, the freckles will disappear after pregnancy.
- Use of oral contraceptives: These also alter hormone levels, like pregnancy, although the freckles often disappear after treatment.
- Chronic acne: In these cases, the scars caused by chronic acne can cause the appearance of freckles if not properly treated.
- Aging: Lack of nutrients, dry skin, exposure to changes in climate, and disorders can affect the health and appearance of the skin in the long term.
Lemons, rich in vitamin C
Lemons are used in anti-blemish creams because of their vitamin C and antioxidant content.
Apply fresh lemon juice on freckles and blemishes with a cotton ball. You can also rub the inside of the peel on the skin. Let dry.
Want to learn more? Read: 7 Uses of Lemon for Beauty
Rose hip to even skin tone
Rose hip oil is the best remedy for evening skin tone and is ideal for both light and dark spots. This oil can be applied pure and undiluted on the skin, twice daily. Keep the oil in a dark glass bottle with a hermetic seal to keep it from losing its properties.
This delicious red fruit has the ability to gradually reduce the appearance of dark marks on the skin. Because it’s a little more complicated than using lemons or rose hip oil, we have two ways you can use strawberries:
- Make a masque with crushed strawberries, apply and let work for one hour. Use this masque once a week.
- Freeze crushed strawberries in an ice tray and rub a cube on the skin. This way, you’ll always have them on hand.
Aloe vera for acne
The natural gel from aloe vera is an excellent solution for those who suffer from chronic acne and are looking to prevent and treat blemishes on the skin.
Aloe vera gel contains healing and hydrating properties, making it excellent for those with sensitive skin.
It can be applied twice daily.
Do not use any of these remedies before sun exposure.