Indian Cooking Tips that Can Help You Lose Weight
Indian cooking is characterized by the abundant use of spices. It’s those spices that can help with your health goals.
Some have said that following a diet of Indian cooking can help you lose several pounds in a month.
But that’s not all. These Indian cooking tricks may also be able to feel healthier.
Do you want to know what they are? Keep reading!
Information about Indian cooking
It’s important to know a few things about Indian cooking. Knowing more will help you better integrate it into your diet. Ultimately, this information can help you to lose weight.
- Don’t mix carbohydrates and proteins.
- Choose good food. The most important thing is quality, not quantity.
- Eat brown rice and vegetables.
- Consume fresh fruits, especially citrus.
- Eat three meals a day and a snack of denatured yogurt or fruit. But only if you’re hungry.
- Drink two liters of water and green tea every day.
- Exercise. The best thing is to take a 40-minute walk every day.
Many cultures have influenced Indian cuisine. These include Mongolia, Portugal, and England. That’s why Indian food is so versatile.
Indian cooking uses a variety of condiments. They say that those born in India have a better ability to identify flavors than others. Indian food is also different because it doesn’t use beef. That’s because cows are considered sacred in the Hindu religion.
They also don’t use many dairy products. Instead, they use a butter called ghee. They also eat a liquid yogurt known as lassi.
Other ingredients that they commonly use are rice, chicken, and lamb. They also have a large amount of vegetarian dishes. This is due to the fact that many Hindus follow a pacifist philosophy. This means they won’t eat any kind of meat.
Some of the different ways food is prepared are:
- Vagar: Cooking and seasoning with spices.
- Tandoor: Marinating foods with spices and yogurt. Then, cooking them in an oven.
- Korma: On hot coals. The food has a thick consistency. This is because they add yogurt, milk, or cream.
- Dhungar: Steamed.
- Dhum: The food is buried in hot coals.
Food: Hindu, Ayurveda, and weight loss
India is one of the most populous countries in the world. People there believe there’s a strong relationship between what you eat and how healthy you are. Weight loss is a part of this belief.
In essence, food is medicine. It’s what helps you feel healthy and strong.
Like we said before, Indian dishes have a lot of spices. Some examples are curry, cardamom, and cumin. These spices can have some effects on the body.
Some believe that Indian food helps you lose weight because of these qualities.
Some Hindu cooking tricks include the use of spices and condiments. For greater variety in your own kitchen, we’ll show you various possibilities.
You can use these dark green leaves to make salads or sauces. Also, you can have them raw or cooked.
They help your stomach and digestive tract work correctly. They also help maintain weight loss or to continue losing weight.
At the same time, turmeric leaves have medicinal properties. They can be used to treat diarrhea, dysentery, and diabetes.
This is a traditional food of India. It has dried peas, lentils, and beans. This food is served with rice and Chapati bread.
Dhal has a high protein content. This makes it very filling. It also takes longer to digest than other foods. This means you’ll be less likely to be hungry for several hours after eating it. This also helps with weight loss.
This is an aromatic herb that has diuretic properties. It helps get rid of liquids and toxins through urine. It’s also in the same family as parsley and celery.
Alternative medicine treatments use it to reduce intestinal gas, abdominal inflammation, and purifying the blood.
Legumes and cereals
Legumes are cooked both shelled and split to be easier to digest.
See Also: Legumes to Help You Burn Fat
Rice is the foundation of Hindu food. The most known type is basmati rice. It has a large amount of fiber and helps to make you feel full.
You can also add a little wheat, corn, and millet.
Staying hydrated helps you regulate your appetite. Furthermore, sometimes when you think you’re hungry, you’re actually thirsty. To drink two liters of water a day and stay hydrated, you can try some of these Hindu drinks.
- Lassi – liquid yogurt
- Chai – tea with spices
- Ninmu Pani – lemonade
- Coconut water
Also Read: Ways Coconut Water Can Improve Health
Finally, when talking about ayurveda foods, there are 3 kinds of doshas. Each one is related to certain body types.
Knowing which is your type can help you figure out what you need to eat. It also helps you to figure out what you need to avoid. This is all to help your well-being and weight loss.
- Vatta: Someone with a light or dainty composition. They are usually hungry all the time and have irregular digestion. Proponents recommend they eat heavier dishes. These include soups, stews, and pasta with sauce.
- Pitta: Someone with a medium composition. They feel intense hunger and thirst. They get frustrated if food isn’t on time and tend to eat more. It is recommended that they eat salads and cold drinks. They should not eat heavy foods or meat.
- Kapha: Someone with a stocky composition. They have a slow digestion and a medium appetite. People with this composition should avoid milk products, sweets, and fats, according to this Indian tradition. They should try to eat fruits and vegetables. Proponents recommend they try to eat carrots, squash, celery, cabbage, and lettuce.