Help Your Psoriasis with These 6 Easy Natural Remedies
Even though there is no substitute for medical treatment, these natural remedies can help to fight the symptoms of psoriasis and reduce the burning. Learn about 6 easy, homemade remedies to help you improve your life with psoriasis.
Even though there is no substitute for medical treatment for any case, these natural remedies can help to fight the symptoms of psoriasis and reduce the symptoms.
Psoriasis is a skin disease that is produced by a compromised immune system and affects people between the ages of 11 and 45.
It is characterized by the constant shedding of dead skin, inflammation, redness, and also a warm sensation in the affected area.
It can develop in any part of the body, although it is more common on the elbows, knees, and the scalp.
While there is still no definitive cure for this disease, there are a considerable number of treatments that help people cope with the symptoms.
In fact, there are natural ingredients that can reduce the stinging and inflammation, notably improving the appearance of the skin.
In this article, we want to share the 6 most effective ingredients to complement treatment.
1. Oat flour
The topical application of oat flour is one of the best remedies for the symptoms of psoriasis.
It’s emollient power facilities the elimination of dead skin. Likewise, it’s anti-inflammatory action calms the itching and the redness.
- 1 cup of oat flour (100g)
- 5 liters of water
- First of all, add the flour to 5 liters of boiling water and leave it on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Next, pour the preparation into your bath water, being sure to put the oats on the most affected areas of the skin.
- Lastly, you should do this for 15 minutes and then rinse.
2. Avocado and chamomile poultice
The fatty acids in avocados are ideal to provide extra moisture for the skin.
We get a more potent remedy by combining the anti-inflammatory and calming effect of the chamomile flowers.
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup of water
- Prepare a half cup of an infusion of chamomile and mix it in the blender with the pulp of a ripe avocado.
- Then, spread the product over the affected areas.
- Allow it to set for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Finally, repeat this application 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Apple cider vinegar
The alkaline power of apple cider vinegar improves the symptoms of skin diseases and prevents the development of infections.
Its application is recommended not only for psoriasis, but also for superficial burns, fungus, and peeling skin.
Besides, it’s a good remedy for psoriasis in the nails, given that it’s a liquid.
- 1/2 cup of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 liter of warm water
- Dilute the vinegar in water and rub it over the affected skin using a soft cloth.
- Repeat this twice a day until the symptoms improve.
4. Hot olive oil
Olive oil is a natural source of essential fatty acids and antioxidants that contributes to a better appearance of the skin.
Its properties decrease the excess dryness, facilitate the elimination of dead cells, and calm the burning.
Above all, it’s one of the most recommended natural remedies when psoriasis affects your scalp.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a double boiler. When it reaches a temperature that is tolerable, massage it gently over your scalp.
- Then, let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse with the shampoo that you normally use.
- Repeat this 2 or 3 times a week.
See also: 5 Olive Oil Treatments for Your Skin
5. Aloe vera gel
The aloe vera plant contains a crystal-like gelatin that has calming and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also a great moisturizer.
Most importantly, this natural ingredient accelerates the curing of wounds, burns, and other skin problems that affect the skin’s appearance.
In addition, it decreases the peeling of skin and the redness caused by the psoriasis.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Mix the aloe vera gel with a small quantity of coconut oil and apply it to the affected skin.
- Let the skin absorb this well and repeat two times a day.
6. Arnica oil
This product has powerful antiseptic, antibiotic and anti inflammatory qualities that can be very beneficial to the skin.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of the arnica flower
- 1 dark container with a lid
- Heat the oil in a double boiler.
- Then, add the arnica, and put it on low heat for three minutes.
- Take it off the heat and let it stand in a dark, closed bottle for a week.
- After a week, sift the product with a sieve to remove the flowers and apply.
- Repeat this daily before going to bed.
Take into account that the remedies given for these cases should not replace treatments prescribed by a doctor.
They can, however, help relieve the uncomfortable symptoms of psoriasis. Give them a try!