Learn How to Make a Healthy Spinach and Chard Pie
There's nothing better than a delicious and nutritious spinach and chard pie to wow your guests and family. The best part of all is that you make both vegetarian and vegan versions of it.
Some people have a healthy lifestyle, exercise, and have good eating habits. If that sounds like you, then you’ll definitely enjoy this article we’re you’ll learn how to make a delicious spinach and chard pie. It’s a great vegetarian recipe!
Many don’t like how spinach looks and tastes, but we assure you that this recipe will have you going crazy over spinach. And, above all, keep in mind that it’s extremely important to incorporate this vegetable in your diet at least once a week.
Spinach keeps your heart healthy and has anti-inflammatory properties that can improve conditions such as arthritis. It also protects the mucous membrane of the stomach and it also improves neuronal activity due to the fact that it contains minerals such as sodium, folate, and certain antioxidants.
As for chard, this plant has amazing nutritional properties. It’s rich in vitamin A, which helps keep your skin looking amazing and improves your vision. It also contains folate, which helps form red and white blood cells and strengthen the immune system.
It’s also rich in minerals such as potassium that energizes you during a busy day, magnesium that keeps your gut healthy, and iron, which prevents anemia and raises hemoglobin levels.
Those are just some of the reasons why you should make a healthy spinach and chard pie. In addition, you can also put your personal touch on this recipe because it’s very versatile.
If you want to have a healthier lifestyle, this is a good first step. You can also make a vegan version by replacing some of the ingredients. We’re sure you’ll love it!
How to Make Spinach and Chard Pie
If you’re bored of what you make every night for dinner, you just have to be a little creative and be open to new recipes. This spinach and chard pie will surprise everyone and we guarantee that even your little ones will like it.
This way, you’ll send your family’s taste buds on a wild ride while also caring for their health. It’s also easy to make and requires simple ingredients. This recipe is packed with nutrients that will make you feel more energetic. It’s also super yummy!
You can make it for lunch or dinner as a main course.
- 3 cups of spinach (135 g)
- 2 cups of chard (90 g)
- ½ an onion
- Two ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 3 boiled eggs
- ¼ cup of grated cheese (50 g)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of salt (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of pepper (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- You should grease the pie pan before adding the other ingredients. Use olive oil to do this.
- Then, take a pie pan and place a crust at the bottom.
- After, cut the spinach and chard into very small pieces and place them in a bowl. Add the cheese and egg white first and mix well.
- After that, incorporate the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix again to incorporate all the flavors.
- Then, cut the boiled eggs into slices and pour the mixture into the pie pan, adding an egg slice layer, and cover with another pie crust.
- Finally, preheat the oven to 180°C to 200°C.
- Once hot, put the pie in the oven. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Your pie will be ready once golden. You can also pinch it with a toothpick to check. If it comes out dry, it’s because it’s ready.
- To make a vegan variation of this recipe, you can replace the egg with tofu puree, linseed, or cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water (30 ml).
- You can also add other vegetables such as onions and green pepper.
- You can find vegan ready to bake pie crusts in some supermarkets or specialty stores.
- Instead of using a layer of boiled egg, you can use eggplant, which is also very healthy.
- Also, choose a type of vegan cheese for the preparation of this recipe.