Healthy Smoothies to Reduce Abdominal Swelling
In this article we’re going to share three irresistible and healthy smoothies; one green, one yellow, and one orange. Not only do their properties help to fight abdominal swelling, but they also improve digestive function and intestinal movements.
100% Healthy smoothies
Smoothies are generally made with fruit, either fresh, frozen or in pulp, mixed with dairy products or ice. Because we are presenting a healthier version in these articles, without losing any flavor, we’re going to offer a few alternative to make them more easy to digest and as light as possible:
- Rather than milk or yogurt, use a plant-based beverage or cream. Rice, oatmeal, coconut or spelt milk can be found in any diet store or organic food market.
- Rather than sweetening with sugar, use agave nectar, honey, or refined stevia extract.
- Use fresh fruit, and if possible, organic.
Check out this article:
What do they provide?
These healthy smoothies contain large amounts of fruit and/or vegetables that can be modified according to your own tastes.
They’re rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber, very nutritious, and they don’t cause weight gain. In fact, they help with weight loss because they’re very satiating.
They’re a perfect mid morning or mid afternoon snack, or even to surprise guests at a meal or a special dinner. In this case, try to serve them in wide glasses or cups. As an additional option, you could place a bit of rice, oat or coconut cream on top.
Smoothies are suitable for almost all ages. For younger children, they’re a unique and nutritious method to give them fruit. And for people that exert important physical effort, you could also add blended nuts to make sure they get their daily dose of protein.
Green leaf vegetables are very rich in magnesium and fiber. They help cleanse the body and act as regulators for the nervous system. It’s a good way to “drink” a good salad in the morning, but yet enjoy the sweet taste of healthy smoothies. The avocado also provides a creamy texture and essential fatty acids for your health.
If you drink this smoothie in the morning, you will naturally improve intestinal movements, without needing to take laxatives.
What ingredients do I need?
- Avocado (if you like, you could even include gratings from the seed)
- Fresh spinach
- Ripe banana
- Plant-based beverage or apple juice
- Agave nectar, honey or stevia
Blend the ingredients and serve in a wide glass. Decorate with an apple or banana slice.
This yellow smoothie is a perfect remedy for improving digestion, helping prevent fluid retention, activating the metabolism and even helping with weight loss diets.
This smoothie has a refreshing, tropical, and slightly spicy taste, which is perfect for hot weather. You’ll need to add in vegetable cream to make the drink creamy.
- One ripe pineapple
- Ginger juice or powdered ginger
- Powdered coconut
- Plant-based cream, from oatmeal, rice or coconut
- Purified stevia
You could also use the pineapple rind, which also has several beneficial health properties. Boil for 15 minutes, then let it cool for another 5 minutes. You could also use this cooked ingredient in other smoothies.
The orange smoothie is especially recommended for people that suffer from intestinal problems, like constipation, diarrhea, colitis, parasites, etc. It also has a delicious flavor, in addition to its health benefits.
You will need
- Papaya (some seeds included, for anti-parasite properties)
- One mango
- Linseed (soaked in a bit of water overnight; you can add the water to the smoothie as well)
- Some sort of plant-based beverage
- Organic orange rind (use just a small piece)
- Agave syrup, honey or purified stevia
Blend the ingredients until you notice that the papaya seeds and linseed are well blended. Decorate with a bit of the orange peel, whole or diced up.