Hair loss is something that worries everyone. There are several things that could lead to you seeing too many strands of hair in your brush or your drain.
These could include genetic factors, stress and a poor diet; these are undoubtedly the most common causes. But anytime you notice that you are experiencing a lot of hair loss, you should always see your doctor.
Sometimes, as is the case with several women, two common factors combine: anemia and stress. It’s never a bad idea to get checked out to control your health.
Eating a wholesome, balanced diet that covers all of your vitamin and mineral needs is absolutely necessary.
So why not make this delicious smoothie every day to fight hair loss? We suggest you try it tomorrow morning, but not before first finding out what properties it provides.
Fighting hair loss naturally
You can take vitamin supplements to fight hair loss. There are also shampoos that can be used therapeutically to stimulate blood circulation to the scalp, which could also be a good idea.
The best thing you can do, however, is to use natural products, while never abandoning a healthy diet.
Some foods are rich in iron, phosphorus and vitamin B, which are perfect for strengthening hair and stimulating growth. In this smoothie, we include a series of ingredients that are perfect for getting all of these vitamins.
Below, we will describe which foods form part of our smoothie, along with the benefits they provide.
Oats are one of the most commonly consumed grains around. Their nutritive qualities and the energy they provide are great for health in general.
They are known as the “queen of cereals” because they are rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals, and make up an indispensable part of one’s diet in creating strong hair.
- If you have fresh spinach available at home, this is one of the most powerful foods at fighting hair loss.
- Spinach contains magnesium, folic acid and vitamin C. Don’t forget that vitamin C is paramount in collagen synthesis.
- The green in the leaves also signifies that it is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, K, iron, zinc and omega-3. All of these help not only stimulate hair growth, but they also care for bones.
- We often talk about the benefits of avocados when it comes to making hair masks. But one important fact that may surprise you is that it is also equally effective if consumed in a delicious smoothie.
- Avocados nourish the hair from the inside out, and thanks to its fatty acids, it creates shinier, healthier hair.
- Red grapes are a treasure chest of nutrients for health. It’s quite possible, however, that until now you never knew they had benefits for hair.
- Red grapes contain tannins, flavonoids, proteins, vitamin A, B complex vitamins, as well as vitamins C, D, E and K.
- They also contain potassium, phosphorus and iron, which are absolutely necessary for fighting hair loss.
- In this smoothie, we use powdered brewer’s yeast. You can find it at any natural foods store, or in the organic section at the supermarket.
- This vitamin supplement is indispensable for hair and nail care.
- Eating brewer’s yeast every day will help you get a lot of B complex vitamins, along with essential amino acids and numerous other minerals.
- Cinnamon helps fight hair loss? Yep. Cinnamon is a natural stimulant for hair growth.
- What it does is improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, while also eliminating any possible bacteria that could be causing the hair loss.
How to prepare your smoothie to fight hair loss
- 1 glass oatmeal water (200 mL)
- 1/2 avocado
- 5 red grapes
- 1 tsp. Brewer’s yeast (5 grams)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (5 grams)
- 1 tsp. honey (7.5 grams)
- You’ll be able to make this smoothie in about 5 minutes. First, make sure you have an avocado that is not overripe. Cut it in half, then set aside.
- Add the oatmeal water, cinnamon and brewer’s yeast to the blender.
- Wash the 5 red grapes, then add them to the rest of the ingredients, along with the avocado.
- Blend everything for a few seconds, and sweeten with honey. It tastes excellent!