Hake and Shrimp Meatballs in Green Sauce
Hake and shrimp meatballs are a unique and tasty way to enjoy these two foods and all of their nutrients in just one meal.
Generally, we don’t often change the way we prepare fish at home. However, today we have a delicious alternative to the classic fish recipes to break from your routine: hake and shrimp meatballs in green sauce. Simple and tasty! It may seem complicated to make meatballs with fish, especially hake! But you’ll see that if you follow our directions, it’s not that hard.
How to prepare hake and shrimp meatballs in green sauce
Hake meatballs aren’t just delicious, they’re also very nutritious. Fish is an excellent source of omega 3, an essential fatty acid that’s needed to combat and prevent cardiovascular diseases, and good for brain health. The parsley in the green sauce, on the other hand, gives us a good amount of antioxidants and vitamins C, K, A, folic acid, and iron.
Recipe for green sauce
It’s important to keep in mind the sauce before starting the main recipe, because this will be covering the hake and shrimp meatballs. Part of the contrast and extra flavor of the recipe comes from this mix of chopped herbs and a touch of olive oil.
- 2 stalks of chives or spring onions
- 1/2 cup of white wine (125 ml)
- 1 cup of vegetable stock (250 ml)
- 2 pinches of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley (15 g)
Discover: Two Ways to Make Low-fat Broth
- Put a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Then, cut the spring onions into small pieces and add them to the pan.
- Next, add a pinch of salt and stir with a wooden spoon.
- When you see that the onions are transparent, pour in the cup of white wine and let all the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the tablespoon of fresh parsley.
- Add the vegetable stock and cover, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes with the rest of the ingredients.
Recipe for hake and shrimp meatballs
- 2 boneless hake fillets (about 375 g)
- 10 fresh shrimp (about 250 g)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of ground fennel (15 g)
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic (10 g)
- 1 pinch of cumin powder
Don’t miss this: Your Child’s Diet: Six Foods You Should Include in It
- The first thing you should do is clean the hake fillets very well. Make sure you remove any skin and bones that might be left on them.
- Then, use a food processor on the fillets (for optimal results) and do the same thing with the shrimp.
- Next, add lemon zest, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add the following ingredients little by little: chopped parsley, ground fennel, and an extra touch of cumin powder.
- After that, add the egg yolk together with the chickpea flour. Mix everything very well until you get a consistent, smooth dough.
- It’s important for the dough to have the right consistency to be able to make meatballs with your hands from the hake and shrimp.
- In a separate bowl, pour the rest of the chickpea flour and roll the dough balls in it.
- To cook them, brown them in a non-stick frying pan with olive oil until they are a golden brown.
- If you want something a little lighter, place them on a tray and put them in the oven at 170 °C (340 °F) for about 20 minutes.
- Plate and serve with your choice of side.