Five Natural Hair Straightening Remedies
Not only will these remedies help with your hair straightening but they'll also provide extra moisture and promote healthy new growth.
Most people believe they have to use chemical products and damaging appliances such as heating irons and hair dryers for effective hair straightening.
For sure these methods offer incredible results, however, they’re harsh on the hair and damage it so much it becomes hard to repair.
While some professionals have tried different methods to reverse these damaging effects, people still complain about their negative effects.
What many people don’t know is that there are studies about this and they can combine them with treatments to improve the health and beauty of your hair as they give it extra nutrients.
So, are you ready to try them out?
Combining coconut milk with lemon juice results in a natural conditioner that will not only leave your hair shiny but will also nourish it. However, there are no studies to support its supposed straightening properties.
- 1 lemon
- ½ c. of coconut milk
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and mix it with the half cup of coconut milk
- Wet the hair and gently massage the solution into your hair and scalp
- Let work for 20 minutes before rinsing
- Repeat this treatment 2-3 times a week
The protein contained in eggs has been used in many hair care cosmetic treatments due to its vitamin B12 contents.
Its action stops the fall and contributes to the growth of new hair, and thus you can attain an abundant mane.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ c. of olive oil
- Firstly, beat two eggs and mix thoroughly with the olive oil
- Then, to use as a conditioner, apply to hair and let work for 30 minutes
- Finally, rinse with plenty of water and use it three times a week
Some people believe that rice flour combined with egg whites makes an excellent treatment for oily hair, frizz, and breakage.
However, there is insufficient evidence to prove the claim that supports the removal of fat, or that this compound smoothes the hair.
- 1 egg white
- 5 tbsp rice flour
- Firstly, beat the egg white and mix it with the rice flour
- Then, wet your hair and apply this remedy to completely cover it
- Comb through hair for several minutes, then cover with a cap and let work for one hour
- Finally, rinse it with shampoo and repeat the treatment twice a week
There is no scientific evidence to certify this, but you may still want to try the following remedy. You must first consult a dermatologist.
- ½ fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp ground oatmeal
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ c. milk
- Firstly, grate the fresh coconut and mix it in a blender with the oatmeal and milk
- Then, strain using a colander and warm over low heat
- Now, mix the cornstarch with a little bit of water and slowly add it to the mixture
- Then, stir it with a wooden spoon until creamy
- Let it cool down, then apply it through your hair with a soft massage
- Cover it with a plastic cap and let it work for one hour
- Finally, rinse and repeat its application three times a week
Essential oils repair dryness and breakage, nourish the roots, and stimulate growth.
This treatment combines olive oil with jasmine essential oil to create a conditioner that will both nourish and straighten hair. Not to mention leave it smelling great!
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Three capsules of jasmine oil
- 3 tbsp of ammonia-free conditioner
- Firstly, incorporate all the ingredients in a container and mix them until smooth
- Then, apply the mix to your hair after shampooing and let it work for 20 minutes
- Rinse and comb it immediately. Don’t use a hairdryer
- Finally, use it twice weekly
Finally, are you ready for a new look without risking damage to your hair? The results may take a little longer, but they’re safer for your hair than conventional methods. They’re worth the try.