Green smoothies are drinks that blend fruits and vegetables together. This weight loss smoothie is an easy way to purify your body, as well as getting a dose of healthy nutrients to lose weight fast.
There are a lot of healthy fruits and vegetables in green smoothies, which have all kinds of nutrients such as a high fiber content. Whenever you’re drinking only drink pulp-free juices, you’re actually drinking is just sugar and water because the pulp is usually left out.
Now, after learning about the aforementioned, let’s move on to the green weight loss smoothie. It’s a sweet, creamy and healthy recipe for an energy-packed breakfast.
- 1 cup of frozen mango (150 g)
- 1 ripe banana cut into pieces
- 1 cup of fresh, washed spinach leaves (60 g)
- 1 cup of natural, unsweetened almond milk (250 ml)
- Blend all of the ingredients.
- Drink on the spot to make sure that it doesn’t lose any of its nutrients.
If it’s a hot day outside, add an ice cube when blending if you want a refreshing smoothie. You can always add two if you prefer a thicker shake, but be sure not to add any sweeteners. So, if you like your smoothies sweeter, then try adding a drop or two of liquid stevia and use less over time.
Benefits of spinach
- Spinach helps you lose weight because it’s a low-calorie vegetable that provides loads of nutrients. For every 100 grams of spinach, there are only 23 calories, which makes it a perfect base for your green weight loss smoothie.
- It provides immediate energy due to its high nutrient and mineral content.
- Spinach is a wonderful source of vitamins A and C as well as minerals (manganese, zinc and selenium). That means spinach can help protect several of your body’s systems and functions, ranging from digestion to eyesight.
- In this green weight loss smoothie, spinach provides a healthier, tastier and greener base because the tropical mango covers the spinach flavor.
Read this article too: Tasty Spinach Recipes to Add to Your Diet
Benefits of mango
- Mangoes provide the highest amounts of beta-carotene, which are a nutrient that reduce certain kinds of cancer.
- Just one mango can provide your recommended daily dose of calcium.
- This fruit helps strengthen your bones because it contains minerals, calcium, magnesium and B group vitamins.
- They’re rich in a carotenoid called lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant.
- In addition to all of the previously mentioned benefits, mango also goes well in this green weight loss smoothie to cover the vegetable taste with its sweet flavor.
Due to its texture, mangoes add thickness to the smoothie.
Benefits of bananas
Banana is another weight loss smoothie ingredient. Bananas are an incredibly nutritious fruit that make a wonderful addition for any healthy and balanced diet.
In addition to potassium — which they’re famous for — bananas are also packed full of a wide variety of other nutrients:
- Vitamins (A, group B, C)
- Minerals (magnesium, calcium)
Vitamin B6 helps your body produce neurotransmitters. A medium-sized banana can provide around 25% of the recommend daily dosage of vitamin B6. However, the problem with bananas is that they’re high in calories and carbohydrates in comparison to other fruits.
Despite the aforementioned, their calorie content only adds up to 92 calories and only have 0.5 g of fat. This means bananas are perfect for a low-fat and low-calorie diet. If you love bananas, then you should eat them before exercising. Eating them before a workout will help you burn off the calories while getting a good source nutrients.
Check this article too: 6 Benefits of Green Bananas that You Probably Didn’t Know
Benefits of almond milk
While almond milk doesn’t necessarily help us lose weight, because it adds up to your calorie count, it can help you lose weight if you’re using it to replace drinks that have a higher calorie count. One cup of unsweetened almond milk has 30 calories while a cup of skim milk has 83 calories.
- This variety of vegetal milk is rich in calcium and it’s ideal for people who have lactose-intolerance or for people who don’t consume any animal products.
Commercial options are usually fortified with vitamins D, E and B. If you choose to buy commercial almond milk to make your smoothie, then be sure it’s fortified.