Green Tea Remedy for Acne
Everyone knows it: green tea is in style. It’s been gaining more and more followers lately, especially among health enthusiasts. We all know it’s an amazing antioxidant, a good diuretic, can cure internal wounds, and even help you lose weight. But, did you know the recent scientific studies say that it’s good for dealing with acne too? Find out about this fantastic green tea remedy below!
Green tea as an acne treatment
- Tea has always been a central part of Asian cultures since ancient times. But it’s not just a simple drink you have as a snack there. People have also used teas therapeutically.
- Green tea, according to Harvard Health Publications, is one of the infusions with the most antioxidants in its composition. Apart from that, its high content of tannic acid may help with reducing swelling and inflammation in skin tissue.
- Green tea also has the ability to reduce the amount of oil on your skin, which contributes to acne and blackheads.
- In fact, many of the most effective acne creams sold today list green tea among their ingredients. Some believe it works better than the classic benzoyl peroxide.
- Green tea is an amazing natural anti-bacterial and astringent. Its advantage over benzoyl peroxide is that green tea does not dry out your skin.
- Its richness in regards to antioxidants helps protect and strengthen your immune system, which prevents the influence of bacteria and viruses that sometimes make your skin worse, which also causes that annoying acne.
See Also: 7 Ways to Boost Your Immune System
Green tea remedy for acne and blackheads
We all know that the primary components of green tea that fights acne and blackheads are its polyphenols and antioxidants. These are capable of eliminating toxins from the skin, lowering inflammation, and neutralizing the bacteria that causes these breakouts.
Also Read: Prevent Blackheads
How to use green tea as an acne treatment
It’s very simple. The treatment consists of two steps:
- Every morning, make a green tea infusion. Put a bag of tea in a cup of boiling water. After it boils, let it sit for 20 minutes. Apply it afterwards, three times a day. You can use a cotton ball to wet your face or a vaporizer. It’s also a toner, so you can just apply it to your skin and let sit. Do this three times a day – in the morning, afternoon, and before you go to sleep.
- Apply the green tea remedy twice a week at night. This will include apple cider vinegar. Why, you ask? Because some research indicating it may be good for removing blackheads, curing acne, and balancing your skin’s pH. Just put a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of green tea. Apply it as a toner and let sit all night. In the morning, wash with warm water and apply your usual moisturizing cream.