Great Benefits of Eucalyptus Within Everyone's Reach
Eucalyptus is known worldwide for its medicinal benefits. On the one hand, it can be used in its natural form (leaves and branches), and on the other hand, it can also be used as an essential oil. In any of its presentations, it can be your ally. Discover the benefits of eucalyptus.
Uses and benefits of eucalyptus essential oil
Its main feature is its antibiotic capacity. To kill bacteria and germs in small spaces, you can make concoctions using its essential oil. They will help to purify the air of staphylococci and bacteria.
Moreover, it can be diluted in water, alcohol, or other vegetable oils. Diluted, it can be applied to the skin with gauze to help disinfect and heal.
Eucalyptus essential oil:
- It should never be applied pure on the skin, as it could burn it.
- Neither should it be ingested – in large quantities it can be lethal.
- Furthermore, its use is not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Uses of eucalyptus leaves
First of all, it’s easy to find eucalyptus trees, and you may be able to find them near your home and collect some of their leaves.
They have antiseptic, expectorant, and anti-inflammatory properties. They’re an excellent ally to help you fight flu, rhinitis, bronchitis or pneumonia.
In fact, as highlighted by a publication in the medical journal The Laryngoscope, the main active compound in eucalyptus – cineole – is useful as a safe treatment for sinusitis symptoms .
Also, the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), revealed that 1,8 cineole helps clear the air of bacteria and other microbes, which is key to protecting respiratory health.
In addition, it can be used in the following ways:
- Vaporization. Boil eucalyptus slowly and inhale the steam. It eliminates mucus.
- By applying eucalyptus-based creams near the nostrils or on the chest, you’ll obtain an expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect. As a result, you’ll alleviate respiratory discomfort.
- In an infusion, it helps to eliminate bad breath. To do this, make an infusion of two or three leaves in 1.5 liters of water and take it once a day. It’ll help to remove halitosis and you’ll be able to speak with peace of mind.
Have you checked out the benefits of eucalyptus for yourself yet? Remember that, even though it doesn’t replace medical treatments, it can be useful to alleviate some illnesses. Always have it in your medicine cabinet.It might interest you...