Gluten-Free Banana Hot Cakes with Two Ingredients
Gluten free and lactose free, these delicious banana hot cakes with only two ingredients is the ideal recipe for an energetic and nutritious breakfast.
Can you imagine making a delicious dish with only two ingredients? What if, in addition, these ingredients were easy to get and didn’t contain gluten? Don’t miss the gluten-free banana hot cakes recipe we share in this article!
Gluten-free banana hot cakes
Hot cakes are delicious, we know that. However, many people with gluten intolerance prefer to avoid them, as well as those who don’t consume dairy products. This is because, generally, hot cakes are made with flour and milk.
However, in this case, the recipe that we propose only contains two ingredients: eggs and banana. Therefore, it’s suitable for everyone.
A popular belief is that eggs contain a lot of cholesterol, meaning that they aren’t healthy. However, today, we know that this isn’t the case. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.
Eggs are one of the most beneficial foods you can eat. In fact, consuming up to two eggs a day is perfectly recommended and poses absolutely no health risk.
Some of the benefits of consuming eggs are:
- They’re a source of essential nutrients. While eggs only contain 80 calories, they contain protein, iron, and zinc, especially the yolk. Also, eggs are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins.
- In addition, the yolk is rich in antioxidants, such as lutein and zeaxanthin. Thus, it may help reduce the risk of eye problems.
- Likewise, eggs are a source of choline, an essential amino acid for the nervous system. In fact, it stimulates brain development and function. Therefore, it’s related to memory and helps us stay alert.
- Eggs promote heart health.
- Eggs contain healthy fats. In this regard, they aren’t related to high blood cholesterol problems.
- Vitamin D and calcium help strengthen bones.
We recommend you to read: Healthy Breakfast: Oats, Banana, Cocoa, and Coconut Oil Pancakes
Bananas are one of the most popular fruits around the world. However, due to the fact that it’s a caloric fruit and contains sugar, it’s another food that many people try to avoid.
Fortunately, we can say that banana is a highly nutritious food. Indeed, among its benefits, we can highlight:
- This fruit is a great source of potassium and pectin, a type of fiber that supports digestive functions
- Also, it contains magnesium and vitamins C and B6, which boost the immune system and improve health
- In addition, thanks to potassium, it promotes heart health by helping lower blood pressure
- It’s related to the prevention of some types of cancer
For all these reasons, these gluten-free banana hot cakes are an ideal and delicious way to include these ingredients in your diet. In addition, they’re ideal for breakfast. Thus, you can start the day by recharging your body with nutrients and energy.
This article may interest you: 6 Benefits of Green Bananas that You Probably Don’t Know About
Gluten-free banana hot cakes recipe
- 2 eggs (preferably organic)
- 1 banana
- If you want your hot cakes to be fluffier, you can use 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder
- Salt is also optional
- To add a little more flavor, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- On the other hand, if you want your hot cakes to be more nutritious, you can add a tablespoon of natural honey
- Firstly, mash the banana until it’s lump-free.
- Next, if you’re going to add any of the additional ingredients, now is the time. Add them to the banana and stir very well.
- Then, beat the eggs very well.
- After that, mix the banana mixture with the beaten eggs and keep stirring.
- Everything should be well mixed and lump-free.
- Then, heat a frying pan (optionally with some organic butter) and pour in a tablespoon of your mixture. You should get a thin hot cake.
- Since these hot cakes don’t have flour, they’ll be more liquid than traditional pancakes. For this reason, we know you’ll probably have a hard time turning them in the frying pan when they start to brown. Because of that, just put a small amount in the pan.
- Finally, when they’re golden on both sides and have the right texture, enjoy!
You can enrich your gluten-free banana hot cakes in flavor and nutrients by adding pieces of fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. Indeed, they’re ideal in this egg and banana combination.
Also, don’t forget to enjoy them with syrup on top. A perfect option is honey. However, you can also go for jam.